Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HOLY HELL ladies and gentlemen. I won the lotto. I am soon going to be the proud owner of a new Tesla MSLR. I received this email and VIN from an Ethiopian Prince named Ashwahn first thing this morning....it MUST be true!!!!
Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 8.05.16 AM.png

Did a 100+ mile drive in my wife's MY16 90D. That big fat round steering wheel was hovering way to high up and was kinda in my way. I guess Elon is good at retraining ole guys like me. I did find the blinkers with greater ease in her car and man do I miss lane change on blinker. I do not think I will ever get used to those crappy turn signal buttons but at least I seem to like the new wheel better.

HOLY HELL ladies and gentlemen. I won the lotto. I am soon going to be the proud owner of a new Tesla MSLR. I received this email and VIN from an Ethiopian Prince named Ashwahn first thing this morning....it MUST be true!!!!View attachment 699476
Congratulations! I knew it was going to happen for you soon! 😀

Congrats @Bull! Post some pictures when you have time. I'm glad it came with 2021.24.3. Hopefully everyone enjoys greener pastures as it relates to the software moving forward.
They did tell me they had to update the software so I assumed they did that at the DC. Not sure if it was a directive to do so though.

As someone who hasn't been here very long and whose order is much younger, at 2 months, than many here, I can tell you that I've thought long and hard about my first move to EV's. This process could only be a little more balled up than it is. I'm not buying an EV to "save the planet" but certainly recognize the benefits. And based upon recent range increases, I thought this could now make sense for me. I don't care about EV credits or that type of stuff. Saving money is nice...but I'm lucky enough to be in a financial position to generally buy what I want. I could have bought a Plaid, but chose to buy the LR as its sufficient to fit my needs (e.g. I'm at a point in my life where I don't need to be the fastest guy).

But this is crazy. Part of my long and hard thought process includes what I'm buying and whether it amounts to a prudent decision. I've heard about the quality control and software issues, and while problematic, they haven't amounted to deal breakers for me. But @Tigers post made think again. All in, this is $92K and I got in prior to LR price hikes. This may not make sense for me, right now, based upon what is happening around us. I'm not slated to take delivery until November 15 - December 5. I'll likely stick this out for another month or two, but without significant movement in the right direction regarding the software issues, I may fall back on a M3P. To the longtime Tesla folks: is this an overreaction?
I think this may be an overreaction. I am on my 3rd Tesla and each one has made me happy. Perhaps I am simple, but that’s what it is all about in my book.

Really nice! I’ll have to get a set (see below)

I saw my first refreshed S today in a parking lot, a LR black with cream. Then in the same parking lot a black Plaid black interior wood. Both with Arachnids. I was disappointed with the wheels. They don’t look high end with that plastic cap and the flattened hoop that looks like a 20”. The offset is tucked in way more than website images indicate. All around regret ordering them.
Looks like we are neighbors. I am configured with 19” wheels. Together we can fix your regret.

Is there something about sitting that would cause the trip screen to show the last trip to be 5 times normal driving power usage?
Yes, if the AC is running and power is being drawn the net power for the sitting plus moving it a short distance will make it look like a tremendous draw per mile. Sit in the car for a few minutes with the AC on then drive off. The Watt-Hr/Mile is horrendous for the first few miles.

MarcG,
I'm really starting to feel your pain seeing Red delivered. I wish we were closer; I'd trade cars for a day.
Sorry bud!
Aww thanks Bill, appreciate the thought.

It would really not be a big deal at all, had I not been told “July” delivery and hence sold my M3P on July 31st. Silly me for trusting Tesla on that one.

But I have to admit, I AM having fun toying with the 4 different orders I now have (latest 3 placed at $100 bet each). It’s like playing with gambling money knowing I will lose it, but enjoying the entertainment.

I’m actually strongly considering the MSM Plaid with wood trim now, given its EDD is from today (!) to September 1st. Let’s see if Tesla gives it a VIN soon! Then I’ll have to fight the fight to get it price-adjusted.

More fun times ahead! :)