Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that lines up with my SA saying I wasn't soft matched for a VIN this quarter. Makes you wonder what on earth they're doing over there in Fremont.

Hey, maybe we'll get updated tail lights? =P
Some of those dates are not even in the next quarter but the one after. Imagine ordering in 2020 and being blank right now and finding out you’re possibly not going to get a car until 2022 while there are people who ordered and got their cars within 2-3 weeks at the last EOQ.

Anyone at Tesla can track your car once you have a ViN from "still at the factory" to anywhere along the way to your service center (or house with home delivery). The trick is getting some good resources that will assign a "handle" or short name to your ViN and keep you posted.
Factual. If you have a committed SA, they can “ping” the car to get its location.

Alright guys - after 5 days gone and seeing stuff, here are my thoughts:

-I'm not likely to go with the Model S, at this time. I haven't cancelled (yet), but I've been reading issues with the Model S both software and build quality, it sounds like the worst of the same ole' Tesla. I'm not prepared to pay $85k for a car, which will be my most expensive purchase thus far in life and have to deal with half baked software and *sugar* falling off the vehicle.

-On that note, the ANC was one of the top 2-3 features I was really looking for. I have doubts that will actually be active by EOY and if it is, IDK, I don't really trust Tesla to do it in an error-free way. Clearly something is complicated about it, otherwise seems like they would've gotten it out the door.

I've got a second car and while it is old, it's been completely paid for and meets the needs A to B. I really want the opportunity to drive the F-150 Lightning, the Ioniq 5, Rivian R1T, Model Y with 4680 (but think it comes out middle of next year at best) and Ford Bronco (though - I highly, highly doubt I could ever go back to ICE. have a test drive today though).

For me - I'm either going to go with the Bronco (doubtful) or wait for a new car when the whole market is (hopefully) better next year.
You are not alone. I'm waiting until next year to order an S. Hopefully production will be smoother by then.

You should have seen my face when I got this email. Literally no updates to the order, just an email to tease me into refreshing a dozen more times. Why? Haven't we suffered enough 😢😤

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.01.11 PM.png

In retrospect, I'm guessing this means my lease offer had to be renewed because it's been more than 6 weeks since I converted my order and finalized with leasing.

This company will suck a big 🍆 if they will not improve their work style and taking care of their clients better. This is not the first time when they just drop me from chat.
What you don't want solar? Why don't you want solar. If you can afford a $150k car you should already have been installing solar. Solar will free the world. Don't you know. Thanks for your order. We'll be with you in 5 years.