Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess the only other variable is location. Suburban Orange County for me. That and I drive less than 10,000mi per year.
Sherman Oaks is apparently also a negative factor. Great neighborhood, but high property crime in adjacent ones. So 143,000 miles on six years on my P85D, and I also always had a second car with 8-10k a year on that was far cheaper. Now that I won’t have free supercharging for life I probably won’t be making so many cross country trips or weekly runs to the Bay Area/Vegas so maybe it will come down.

OK this is probably not the best place (please advise), but I just took a 2-day trip with the Plaid and had a really weird problem. The driver-side rear door kept popping open while supercharging. I definitely heard a motor working in the door repeatedly while I was sitting in the driver's seat during the charging as well. Gonna submit a service request, but anyone else seen this?

OK this is probably not the best place (please advise), but I just took a 2-day trip with the Plaid and had a really weird problem. The driver-side rear door kept popping open while supercharging. I definitely heard a motor working in the door repeatedly while I was sitting in the driver's seat during the charging as well. Gonna submit a service request, but anyone else seen this?
Another unlucky person like me, had 3 door handles failed on my 2020 LR+ with the last one 3 weeks ago. I guess not much has changed with Tesla, a few unlucky ones end up with some issues. Mobile service is great though when do come out finally.

Every car has an airbag in the wheel. There is a flaw but not a result of having an airbag.
All of the new MS cars have this issue. Mine is a little more subtle, but it is definitely noticeable.

8688819F-F248-47E9-9FF8-27BC9DED7896.jpeg

Been checking this forum since April, finally making my contribution.

Ordered LR in March. White on cream (Ugly combo but Im getting it painted), 19s, FSD. Cash. EDD in June then disappeared for months.

Last week I walked into Tesla store and told SA to switch to 21s and remove FSD. I knew it would move me to the back of the line but I didn't care (SA did not say this but i just assumed from reading this forum). He submitted a ticket. A few hours later was a price increase.

2 days later I got an email saying my order was updated, no price increase. Prob because ticket was submitted before price change? Or maybe because SA didn't verify that I was ok with price change? No delivery date.

That is also the first time I received the "Welcome to Tesla family" email. I suspected that my order was never really in the system based on lack of communication. I honestly think that the tire change is the reason that an actual person finally looked at my account. It just seemed like my order was finally linked to the tesla server or whatever.

I figured i was at the back of the line so stopped checking this forum and stopped refreshing account page. Yesterday I randomly checked my account and saw EDD July 11-21, this morning July 12-22, a few hours later got a VIN. Delivery date whenever I upload my bank account info.

Now scrambling to order stuff. Does the car come with a charger or do I need to order the $500 one from Tesla?

@Teslerrr car comes with a mobile charger. With a NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 socket and the appropriate adapter from Tesla you can charge pretty fast with that. The mobile charger will only get you maybe 3.5 miles per hour on a regular wall outlet otherwise.

I had an electrician install the wall charger when I got my first tesla but once we went to 2 I installed a NEMA 6-50 myself. Luckily our main panel is on one side of the garage and our sub panel is on the other side so it was a piece of cake and maybe $50 of materials.

Been checking this forum since April, finally making my contribution.

Ordered LR in March. White on cream (Ugly combo but Im getting it painted), 19s, FSD. Cash. EDD in June then disappeared for months.

Last week I walked into Tesla store and told SA to switch to 21s and remove FSD. I knew it would move me to the back of the line but I didn't care (SA did not say this but i just assumed from reading this forum). He submitted a ticket. A few hours later was a price increase.

2 days later I got an email saying my order was updated, no price increase. Prob because ticket was submitted before price change? Or maybe because SA didn't verify that I was ok with price change? No delivery date.

That is also the first time I received the "Welcome to Tesla family" email. I suspected that my order was never really in the system based on lack of communication. I honestly think that the tire change is the reason that an actual person finally looked at my account. It just seemed like my order was finally linked to the tesla server or whatever.

I figured i was at the back of the line so stopped checking this forum and stopped refreshing account page. Yesterday I randomly checked my account and saw EDD July 11-21, this morning July 12-22, a few hours later got a VIN. Delivery date whenever I upload my bank account info.

Now scrambling to order stuff. Does the car come with a charger or do I need to order the $500 one from Tesla?
Your car will come with a mobile charger but the plug it comes with is for a 120v wall socket good for maybe 4 miles an hour. You’ll need to buy the 240 adapter and more importantly get a 240 outlet installed near where you want to charge the car. You can buy the Tesla wall charger but I’ve found just using the mobile charger a cheaper solution. Just make sure the guy that installs your 240 outlet runs 40amps and uses the correct faceplate for the outlet to match the Tesla adapter. The first time mine was installed he used a different faceplate and I needed to have him correct it.