Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@sflgator - you need to chill out, bro. im going for craziest poster on TMC and I can't have you typing novels of crazy *sugar* while I'm out trying to be productive for one hour each day.

@AnselmDante - bingo. Tesla/Elon makes it a little bit harder on themselves than they need to - but hes sort of got that mindset of not wasting time on what he perceives as a non-value add (such as sending customers emails about delays "theyll figure it out"). hes a little loose - but you know i rewatched the Plaid reveal today (LOL) and the Lucid air reveal and within 10 minutes of hearing the Lucid execs talking about stupid *sugar* like "the santa monica fog" (what the ****?) I was happy to have a stumblin-mumblin-but genuinely excited about his product Elon presentation.
There’s no question that you’re the craziest TMC poster; you win 1st place in that category, lol but thanks for noticing our relevant gripes about the entire process, company, and possible issues with the car. 👍🏻

Sure, okay let's talk about something else. You want to talk about delivery? Okay, I got a big fat BLANK with no estimated delivery date after ordering the vehicle on 2/5/21...likely August that I actually get it. How about you? What's your estimated delivery date? And btw -- there's nothing wrong with discussing all the changes, features, benefits, driving experiences, etc. of a new car whether after you take delivery of the vehicle or before, especially when there are radical changes to something that affects the drive-ability and convenience of the vehicle. The yoke is controversial...gee, I wonder why? Because, at least for now, it doesn't have any advantage over a traditional, round steering wheel AND obviously may cause drive-ability issues having the entire top of the wheel lopped off!

For me personally, as I've said before, I've already committed to taking delivery of what I ordered and just like @EVonly , I am willing to try it and see if I can adapt to it. It may not be my favorite but I may be able to adapt to it and drive it for the 2-3 years I'm planning on keeping it...although maybe longer as I'm just buying the darn thing outright so it depends on how much I love it and what other comparable EVs are available at a similar price range at that time.

I am NOT brand-loyal like many of you Tesla Fans here; this will be my first Tesla (also like many of you here) and this entire ordering/delivery experience has been the worst auto buying experience of my life (and gosh I cannot even count how many cars I've had)...all the bs hype, all the inaccuracies, zero communication, zero real information directly from Corp HQ and it's local representatives, all the over-promising & then under-delivering, and then especially after seeing that epic failure of what was supposed to be a professional, corporate "delivery event" with all sorts of new information and awesome "surprises," I may be one of those people who just "love the car BUT hate the company" (even though I own TSLA shares and want the company to succeed of course!).

My MS Plaid will be my first Tesla but it could be my last Tesla...time will tell. But, you shouldn't tell anyone what to do (cancel their order or whatever); perhaps just LISTEN to what other people have to say about what's best for them personally and how they feel about things? It's NOT about what you think others should do! You don't see me here telling you, sir, what to do with your order, your money, your car, and your life...do you? 🤔
I think we better get the vice-principal

I think the "hate" is a product of being really enthusiastic about the car while simultaneously being ignored by the company selling said car.

We have people here that had a contract to buy a car, only to be told by Tesla they will not honor that contract, but if they want to spend more money, they can order the new model.

We have a CEO that said deliveries start in February, then that slid to March April May June with no information about why for months.

Then there are the people who ordered a Plaid+, only to find out that car was vaporware.

After all of that, the little things started to add up:

The silver rims were changed to black. Whether you like the new ones or not, a contract was made to purchase a car, and then the items it comes with were changed.

Estimated delivery dates have been changing randomly throughout.

The range promised was adjusted down to 405 for LR.

The tilt screen may or may not still exist.

ANC is not functional and no one knows why.

Then there is the logistical issues of people waiting more than half a year getting passed over on deliveries simply because of package combinations. And there was no way to know this when choosing the vehicle.

Now, I have not been complaining for the most part, but for those who are, I am sympathetic to the loss of patience and frustration with this experience. If you are not mad at what has been happening, great for you. But the world NEEDS people who do not accept what is being handed to them. Those are the ones who raise the bar and force a better experience/product/value. Don't dismiss them and say they should just cancel their order. That "love it or leave it" mentality did nothing to improve our country, and it will do nothing to fix what is wrong with Tesla. They make great products, but right now there is a valid reason to be critical of how they have handled their customers concerns, questions, and reservations.
Actually you have an order agreement and a deposit, you don’t have a sales contract.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Dark helmet 😂
I'll bet my future MSLR that Elon is going to call the SpaceX rocket package "Liquid Schwartz".
1623986947739.png

Better…no
Unique…yes
Will there be accidents related to the yoke…possibly
Has there been worse designs in the industry? Oh yes
Shock and publicity value for Tesla….priceless
There's really nothing negative the naysayers/media can talk about, so they'll talk about the yoke. It's fine :)
FYI there is a whole other thread for yoke discussions (and arguments). This is a delivery update thread 😬
Even the moderator has given up on us. He's been super quiet hah

Here is the excerpt….We have people here that had a contract to buy a car, only to be told by Tesla they will not honor that contract, but if they want to spend more money, they can order the new model.
Behave yourselves. Let’s talk delivery. Oh yeah, not much happening there. Squabble on.

Here is the excerpt….We have people here that had a contract to buy a car, only to be told by Tesla they will not honor that contract, but if they want to spend more money, they can order the new model
con·tract
noun
/ˈkäntrakt/
  1. a written or spoken agreement.

Are we going to play semantics all night?

I have a good feeling. Today I woke and checked my account and had June delivery. Tomorrow I just might see a VIN. 🙏

I love how you have everything in your little text there - except the actual damn car you bought. 😂

BTW - would recommend no one cancel their order...this things are gonna blow up on the secondary market for quite a while...

I know, they added FSD to the cars, but most of them are more expensive now with 20k - 30k miles than they were new AND they are all the old interior.

Here is the excerpt….We have people here that had a contract to buy a car, only to be told by Tesla they will not honor that contract, but if they want to spend more money, they can order the new model.

Yep, and we had people here refusing to honor the contract because they didn't want the car they ordered, they wanted the new model for the old model price. (Tesla called to setup delivery and they said no, or asked to "delay" it.)

That contract also said that Tesla didn't have to honor it if they no longer sold the model that was ordered.

Yep, and we had people here refusing to honor the contract because they didn't want the car they ordered, they wanted the new model for the old model price. (Tesla called to setup delivery and they said no, or asked to "delay" it.)

That contract also said that Tesla didn't have to honor it if they no longer sold the model that was ordered.
I love how after all I wrote, we're having a conversation about my word choice of contract vs the synonym of agreement...

Definitely time for bed. I'll catch up on the next 20 pages in the morning.

I love how you have everything in your little text there - except the actual damn car you bought. 😂

well I have been fooled before. And after listening to Elon stammer and studder while trying to read from télé prompter during that event, I have a strong feeling he may also be the logistics coordinator king. That might mean I won’t get my delivery real soon. I will have to keep playing here

Interesting point perhaps. Does the landscape display result in a large enough field of view that you are comfortable doing that? It it better than an pre refresh in that regard?
I did not fully appreciate how much of a difference the horizontal display would make across the board wiht everything form nav to backing into spaces--I'll try to take some pics. I know the 3/Y folks also have a horizontal screen, but the space is shared, while, in the S, the info is punted to the IC.

So one thing I have noticed now that I am getting used to the car is the space the yoke opens up in the IC--I have to admit I thought the argument that the yoke lets you see the IC more clearly was kind a weak sauce. The IC in the S and my wife's X are both 11" wide, but the layout in the S seems much more open--I think one of the reasons is that it is fully square instead of the weird hexagon shape. I don't think 10.2 fury takes advantage of the extra space other than design elements being bigger, but there is certainly potential there. I'll try and take a few pics to show what I mean.