Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm like 60/40 that I'm going to switch my + order to Plaid when they call me... The reasons to do it are obvious, the reasons I have trepidation are that A) Is this the car that set the record lap times? I want *that* car (which it may be), and B) perhaps more chilling, at AP investor day, Elon mentioned that AP4 would be ready around summer 2021-ish. Don't know how far the dates have shifted (as I'm SURE they shifted...), but I can't imagine it's terribly far out.

Reactions: T-Racer
Found this on Twitter a moment ago. Grey Model S Plaid with blk & CF interior spotted in LA. Also note the blk calipers. View attachment 671395View attachment 671396View attachment 671398View attachment 671399
Interesting; I can't believe those bozos would suddenly change the Tesla signature red brake calipers to plain black or grey (the same red brake calipers found on their the much less expensive M3 Performance). Not happy about that!! :mad: Let's see what happens with actual confirmed released delivery vehicles. BTW -- anyone else notice that the front driver's door handle is black while it appears the rear door handle looks body-colored (but could be the angle & light bouncing off it)????

Reactions: auger and Drew-MS
Question for all you experienced folk: I want to get my order finalized, and it is asking me to approve the terms of their loan offer from USBank. Right above the Confirm button, it says:

"By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with U.S. Bank N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method."

Is this really the case? I would like to consider other loan options and don't want to be stuck. I also cannot seem to go back and say that I am arranging my own financing. I tried to call Tesla and unable to get through, maybe because of tomorrow's event.
I contacted Tesla Finance and they let me go from loan to lease to loan and back as time passed. Email to them worked for me. I told them I wanted to revisit numbers

Yeah agree, hopefully the phone key and key card are default, but the fob is also included (2 of them) at no additional charge for an S at this price. But I wouldn't be surprised if the fob is extra again with Tesla.
I liked the fob for opening hatch, but especially for summon (when I parked a little too forward or back in a parking space and I need to inch it a little) Using the phone is a little unwieldy and there is a communication lag. Can you do that with a card?

@omarsultan , @Hayseed_MS

Don't look tilted to me! The only thing that's tilted is this person's terrible photo taking skills. How do you see this on the street and take photos this awful?!

Also - that trunk looks badly fitted... You could stick all sorts of *sugar* in that!

The black calipers are one of the more bizarre things Tesla has done. Did they really just run out of red paint?! 😂

holy sheet.png

Last edited:
Question for all you experienced folk: I want to get my order finalized, and it is asking me to approve the terms of their loan offer from USBank. Right above the Confirm button, it says:

"By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with U.S. Bank N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method."

Is this really the case? I would like to consider other loan options and don't want to be stuck. I also cannot seem to go back and say that I am arranging my own financing. I tried to call Tesla and unable to get through, maybe because of tomorrow's event.
I found the same issue. Ended up cancelling that order to edit payment on a conversion order instead.

Finally got a call from Fremont to convert my Plaid+ order over to Plaid…which it already is.

SA said that the $8k FSD matching was based on doing things over the phone and placing a new order because they need to verify the original price from the old order. Could be true, could be commission sugar, could be false altogether.

Didn’t give me any additional insights on delivery beside what is on the website, so a pretty normal SA call 😂
I got an update from the OLA (which was the person who called me), saying they would honor the $8K price after all:

Hi [HumanInput],

Just wanted to let you know that Tesla will be able to honor your FSD pricing at $8k and I’ve inputted a case for you.

Thanks,

[Name]
Ownership Loyalty Advisor​

@omarsultan , @Hayseed_MS

Don't look tilted to me! The only thing that's tilted is this person's terrible photo taking skills. How do you see this on the street and take photos this awful?!

Also - that trunk looks badly fitted... You could stick all sorts of *sugar* in that!

The black calipers are one of the more bizarre things Tesla has done. Did they really just run out of red paint?! 😂

View attachment 671404
Oh wow, that’s really badly obvious is you pointed that out……..wtf

Interesting; I can't believe those bozos would suddenly change the Tesla signature red brake calipers to plain black or grey (the same red brake calipers found on their the much less expensive M3 Performance). Not happy about that!! :mad: Let's see what happens with actual confirmed released delivery vehicles. BTW -- anyone else notice that the front driver's door handle is black while it appears the rear door handle looks body-colored (but could be the angle & light bouncing off it)????
I agree on the calipers. Although it's not a deal breaker, it's a poor move on their part. Has to be in result of the parts shortages. Are they just using the same brakes as the LR version? I thought they were suppose to be upgraded Brembo calipers?

Reactions: Jimz25