Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refreshed Solid black. Covered with xpel. Opticoat plus applied. Windows/Windshield tinted.

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    580.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    617.9 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC00082.JPG
    DSC00082.JPG
    486.9 KB · Views: 105
Picked up my P90D today from the Dallas SC. Very straight forward (compared to the same experience 3.5yrs ago where buying a Tesla in Texas was something of a mystery). Same swag as everyone else. Car was inspected (before collection) with the front plate holder, so the SC wouldn't remove it (job for tomorrow). Weird screws holding it on, but this thread indicates careful use with an 11/32 socket will take care of it. Some other initial observations:

- The fitted center console is a bit improvement over the premium center console. Feel's less 'home made', the doors all open and close more gracefully.
- Miss my cup cinchers!
- General fit and finish is much tighter than my 2013 Model S (of course, that's done 43k miles, so things will be a bit looser)
- P90D is a very significant acceleration upgrade from an S85!
- No regrets not getting the UHFS upgrade; will let Reus take care of it when they're next in town. The stock system isn't bad.
- Love the new, darker grey!

View attachment 181348

Looks great! I pick mine up Tuesday but now I feel IIke I need to upgrade to your wheels. Looks awesome with the midnight silver.

Reactions: Mailtrey
Hi AG, it's hotly debated and the folks on the forum have great technical insight. Hopefully they will weigh in with suggested threads and comments. My research confirmed there is degradation, a shorter tire life and higher chance of wheel damage but the measure of that trade was outweighed by my personal aesthetic preference. The drawbacks would have to be severe to get my attention. (Check back after I've had my first blow out, warped wheel etc. :p )

Seasonally I don't change tires but would consider the standards as winter tires and store a set of aftermarket beauties for the better seasons if I did. There are several aftermarket guys hosting threads with some gorgeous designs and info which I found helpful. Search around.......and good luck with your decision!

Reactions: krazineurons
@NikeWings thanks! They look gorgeous, how do you make a decision to go with 21" vs 19".. Any threads that can help me make the decision? IMHO the earlier 5 spoke standard design seemed lot better to me that the current slipstreams and 21" have been marked with lesser range and more tire degradation?

Got 19s but really want 21s?
Here's an option!

@NikeWings thanks! They look gorgeous, how do you make a decision to go with 21" vs 19".. Any threads that can help me make the decision? IMHO the earlier 5 spoke standard design seemed lot better to me that the current slipstreams and 21" have been marked with lesser range and more tire degradation?

People have reported the 21s only getting about 15,000 miles of life and the tires aren't cheap. 21s are also more susceptible to road damage. Personally I would have gone for 17s if they were an option. I think the 19s are too low profile.

It's been debated a lot here. Basically it boils down to many people think the 21s look cooler and they give you slightly better cornering performance on dry pavement, but they are worse in wet conditions. 21s are also less efficient.

With the weather here in the Northwest you would need both 19s and 21s if you wanted decent traction in wet weather and you'd only be able to use the 21s about 3-4 months out of the year.