Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still think mid December is when I will get mine, maybe a little later and it will be stuffed down my chimney. I'd really like a Christmas time factory pickup event. please

You're right on the cusp. 1000 US Sigs + 200 Canadian Sigs + >375 RFF = 1575 before GP #1 gets delivered. That puts you at number 3000 or so. If some Canadian Sigs get delayed or more GP's before you dropped out you could conceivable drop to number 2500, which might just get you a XMas car.

Back on topic....

The truck with my car on board is delivering 3 cars in Atlanta between today and Saturday. Are those the first cars in Atlanta?

I've been terribly busy and hadn't checked the threads here for a full day. As mentioned already, here in Atlanta we have been closely watching the progress of Sparrow's S105/VIN510. But since he hasn't heard of any impending delivery, those Atlanta deliveries must be for other buyers. Which is a shame because Sparrow is a major EV activist here, and for a very long time.

We have a very active group on Facebook ("Tesla Motors Fans - Atlanta"). We think we know who S118 is, and some have taken to stalking him :) Not really, but close. We expect that his was on this truck. Interesting to hear that three were on the truck for Atlanta. Ugh.

Sparrow himself has become so frustrated with the delays (he's S105, and should have been SSL105 in my opinion) that he's stopped keeping up with this thread because it just makes his blood boil (my words, not his).

A red Model S was spotted on an Atlanta highway Thursday morning. (Atlantans: northbound on Buford Hwy connector, south of Lenox) Yes, that would be the first one here.

Last edited:
Sublimaze1: "As an early "P", I am cautiously optimistic that my window (early - mid Nov) will be met. Make me eat my words ... please ..."

Sorry to make you eat your words, but I'm Sig 371, have no VIN, no reply other than "see George B's email" and that they "guess" my delivery window is mid to late November. This is pushed back from Early Sept, to late Sept, to Late October, now to mid November. Oh yeah, configured back on May 31st. Serenity now.....

Understood. I have a window of Nov 7-21, but doubt that. I have been told my VIN would be the first week of November, but doubt that. Not ready to have a meal, but certainly am getting the silverware ready.

Well Sublimaze1, don't eat yet, as I may be an exception to the rule. First off, shout out to v12 to 12v and dsm363 for the supplied email addresses, as I was able to get a response. Thanks! Sadly, it was not the response one would hope for:

"Hi Jeff,

I'm stepping in because things have gone horribly wrong with your entire delivery process and apologies really don't mean anything but I do want to get you some answers.

In George's email you were one of the 28 that are being built WAY too late. "

First I've heard of it. The program manager for the delivery experience talked to me on the phone while driving home last night. Appreciate his dedication to his work! I am happy to at least be getting honest answers now (the amount of BS I've been fed last month has been incredible, I won't waste your time in ranting) even if it isn't what you want to hear. Anyways, bad news is that I'm not sure how accurate GB's email was in saying that the Dreaded 28 as I am now calling it, are "all of which are now under a microscope everyday to make sure they get through production immediately and have delivery expedited." I'm pretty sure they just discovered mine yesterday, as the manager said he wasn't even sure if mine had gone to stamping yet. Which means to me they haven't even started it yet, much less had it "under a microscope" for a week.
Anyways, at least I'm getting an honest answer, although its like being told you have a disease but we are working on a cure. I'm suppose to talk to him again tonight. We'll see if they can/will make this right. Probably still looking at a month out if they haven't even started yet.

Jeff, sounds like you got a call from Neil....if so, you're in good hands. Hang in there.

Atlanta update: my truck is doing a delivery in North Atlanta this morning off the Northeast expressway. Second car in Atlanta? One more to go and then the driver can start heading south again! :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure they just discovered mine yesterday

I'd think what they could do (though probably some amount of work) is to keep a database of status updates for each reservation number, and an automated warning for any reservation number (finalized but not delivered), when there wasn't a status update for maybe 14 days. This would prompt them to update, and check, the status at least every 14 days (or 7 days). Of course such a system requires resources which they may not have available currently.

Well Sublimaze1, don't eat yet, as I may be an exception to the rule. First off, shout out to v12 to 12v and dsm363 for the supplied email addresses, as I was able to get a response. Thanks! Sadly, it was not the response one would hope for:

"Hi Jeff,

I'm stepping in because things have gone horribly wrong with your entire delivery process and apologies really don't mean anything but I do want to get you some answers.

In George's email you were one of the 28 that are being built WAY too late. "

First I've heard of it. The program manager for the delivery experience talked to me on the phone while driving home last night. Appreciate his dedication to his work! I am happy to at least be getting honest answers now (the amount of BS I've been fed last month has been incredible, I won't waste your time in ranting) even if it isn't what you want to hear. Anyways, bad news is that I'm not sure how accurate GB's email was in saying that the Dreaded 28 as I am now calling it, are "all of which are now under a microscope everyday to make sure they get through production immediately and have delivery expedited." I'm pretty sure they just discovered mine yesterday, as the manager said he wasn't even sure if mine had gone to stamping yet. Which means to me they haven't even started it yet, much less had it "under a microscope" for a week.
Anyways, at least I'm getting an honest answer, although its like being told you have a disease but we are working on a cure. I'm suppose to talk to him again tonight. We'll see if they can/will make this right. Probably still looking at a month out if they haven't even started yet.

Ugh, that's not good news. Hopefully they get that baby pushed through. Any idea what might be unique in your car to qualify it as one of the Dreaded 28?

You're right on the cusp. 1000 US Sigs + 200 Canadian Sigs + >375 RFF = 1575 before GP #1 gets delivered. That puts you at number 3000 or so. If some Canadian Sigs get delayed or more GP's before you dropped out you could conceivable drop to number 2500, which might just get you a XMas car.

Are we sure all rs are before p though? I'm a performance and there are 40 and 60 rs out there that I thought would be after the 85s. I'm told I should get delivery by mid/late dec at latest.

Are we sure all rs are before p though? I'm a performance and there are 40 and 60 rs out there that I thought would be after the 85s. I'm told I should get delivery by mid/late dec at latest.

Whether all Rs are produced before Ps or not (this has been debated before and, I believe, the consensus now is that most Rs will be produced before Ps), not sure if there are any 60/40 out there for Rs.

Started this thread in any case to check: Any US R (Roadster Family and Friends) folks out there with 60 kWh or 40 kWh configs?

I just received this e-mail FEDEX:

FedEx Service Alerts - Hurricane Sandy

Friday, October 26, 2012

FedEx is closely monitoring Hurricane Sandy. Contingency plans are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our team members and to minimize Hurricane Sandy's effect on service. These storms can cause pickup and delivery delays and disruptions for FedEx customers in affected areas. FedEx is prepared to provide service to the best of our ability in areas affected by Hurricane Sandy and as local conditions allow. Please continue to check fedex.com for updates.

Shipping to affected areas?
To help avoid delays, we encourage you to contact your recipients to verify whether their location is open or able to receive deliveries before and after Hurricane Sandy.

Continue to check fedex.com for service updates. For specific shipment status information, please track your shipment at fedex.com. You can also contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or stay up to date by subscribing to FedEx Service Alert e-mail notifications at the FedEx E-Mail Subscription Center. Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, shipments delayed due to Hurricane Sandy are not eligible for a refund or credit under the money-back guarantee policy.

Model S deliveries scheduled for next week and early the following week may be delayed, too.