Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking it up today!!!!

Just got an email that my car will be ready today for a factory pickup.
I'm Sig. #102 VIN 434 (was VIN 405) not sure what happened.

Sig. red
Performance
Pano roof
Black interior
Carbon fiber
Grey wheels
paint armor
no kids seats

It's only been 640 days or

55,296,000 seconds
921,600 minutes
15,360 hours
91 weeks (rounded down)

Not that I was counting!

My dad, Sig 417, just got his phone call today. His Model S is on a truck with (at least) two others. His is bound for Eugene, OR and the others for Portland. Delivery will be Monday - Wednesday. The'll be calling him on Monday with an exact date/time.

I'm pretty excited, he's giddy.

Picking it up today!!!!

Just got an email that my car will be ready today for a factory pickup.
I'm Sig. #102 VIN 434 (was VIN 405) not sure what happened.

Sig. red
Performance
Pano roof
Black interior
Carbon fiber
Grey wheels
paint armor
no kids seats
Sounds like a very popular configuration that others with a higher Sig number have already gotten...just can't figure why yours was so far down the queue.

I'm suspicious that the black performance interior is a long pole problem for the interior options. The only common item I've seen so far, it could be something that fails in QA too; like the performance 'engine'.

That would explain a lot. I have the same configuration (except with rear seats) and thought it was very common, and it could/must be something common to many Sig configurations.

Long pole == critical path

I got a message from my DS tonight. Sig 737 VIN 628 is going through inspection and will hopefully be on its way to Baltimore soon...original MVPA was September delivery...two week delivery window was 10/12-26.
Just had a class for my Masters of Health Administration class on project management today, so I know what a critical path is!

My dad, Sig 417, just got his phone call today. His Model S is on a truck with (at least) two others. His is bound for Eugene, OR and the others for Portland. Delivery will be Monday - Wednesday. The'll be calling him on Monday with an exact date/time.

I'm pretty excited, he's giddy.

Should be my sig 270 as I had the same window, but no phone call yet.

Should be my sig 270 as I had the same window, but no phone call yet.

Have you been pro-active and tried calling them for an update? They should have already started production on your car. And they should be more communicative lately, given George's refocusing on communications efforts. I'd push them to give you a VIN, as that will confirm it's at least on the line somewhere.

On the tour I saw up to car #700 on the floor and seats for car #1500.

Wow, Dr. C. You are more observant than I am or had a better tour guide. I did not see any of this, but then I was pretty awed by the whole set up. It was particularly impressive to see the huge robots moving a big aluminum framing piece into place on a moving cart and then, after some more pieces had been added, other robots carefully measuring to be sure that certain distances were precisely as they should be. Too bad they wouldn't let us take pictures.

Have you been pro-active and tried calling them for an update? They should have already started production on your car. And they should be more communicative lately, given George's refocusing on communications efforts. I'd push them to give you a VIN, as that will confirm it's at least on the line somewhere.

Having a VIN doesn't guarantee your car is on the production line. Some VINs are assigned early - see the observation from DrC up thread. There's also been at least one case noted where the VIN changed for some reason.