Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI for those trying to plot timelines:
Sig #371 in Austin TX
Window supposedly Oct 17-31, however, no VIN, same line of "we'll let you know something when we know something," for past 3-4 weeks. Sadly what they know is nada... :(
And Texas is a little different than everyone else in the Union. Evidently we have to know about delivery quite a bit in advance, as Tesla won't put the car on a truck until the money is wired and confirmed in their account. Evidently it is illegal to sell Teslas in TX as TX law requires a third party dealer. So no possibility of the hopeful surprise phone call of "Hey, your Tesla is here! Where do you want it parked?"

Jrhodesmd. I'm in the same boat in Georgia where they have similar laws about dealers having to be in the middle of the sale and have been told I would have to pay before the car gets loaded on the truck too. I wonder how much that process slows things down as you wait for your fellow S purchasers to get their money in so that they can load the truck.

Jrhodesmd. I'm in the same boat in Georgia where they have similar laws about dealers having to be in the middle of the sale and have been told I would have to pay before the car gets loaded on the truck too. I wonder how much that process slows things down as you wait for your fellow S purchasers to get their money in so that they can load the truck.

So in GA and TX how does the sales tax work? You pay CA tax to Tesla then...that's it? Think same situation in MA

So in GA and TX how does the sales tax work? You pay CA tax to Tesla then...that's it? Think same situation in MA

In Georgia you pay sales tax based on where your primary residence is. We would not pay an CA sales tax. And we also have a new law where you pay a set ad velorum tax rate (variable, due at purchase) on vehicle purchases, and you are exempt from sales tax. Starts now (you pick old or new way) and is 100% in effect March 1, 2013.

This is for all vehicles, not just EVs and whatnot.

The car ad velorum rate is about what sales tax is in Atlanta, and goes up over the next 5 or so years to be about 1% more than sales tax IIRC.

Received my email this morning. For Signature Performance reservation sequence number 1232 my delivery window is October 26th to November 9th.

Configuration is Signature Red with White interior, Carbon Fiber decor, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Paint Armor no Rear Facing Seats.

Larry

Received my email this morning. For Signature Performance reservation sequence number 1232 my delivery window is October 26th to November 9th.

Configuration is Signature Red with White interior, Carbon Fiber decor, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Paint Armor no Rear Facing Seats.

Larry

Congrats Larry! That's good news. Hopefully all the Sigs will be wrapped up soon.

Larry

Great news! Congrats Larry... we are all jealous! Except the few that already got theirs!

Larry

Wow, what a gorgeous and awesome configuration. If you ever decide to sell that car, PM me first! :)

I posted a while ago that it would be useful to not only have delivery windows and dates in the spreadsheet, but also those here who haven't gotten date. It's useful to see the gaps and try to figure out why there are gaps. Since I'm sitting on a long flight with WiFi, I went to the Finalize thread and made my own spreadsheet that has all of the stuff on the existing one, as well as those who aren't on it but have posted that they had finalized on that thread. Also, if I saw other postings from people whose numbers were on there I added them too, even if they hadn't finalized yet. I'm almost halfway through so far (post #669), but take a look at what I've got. My hope is that this stuff will get added to the existing spreadsheet, because I think it's really useful.

Welcome to Google Docs

Great news Larry!

Congratulations Larry!

from my Samsung galaxy s3

Congrats Larry! That's good news. Hopefully all the Sigs will be wrapped up soon.

Great news! Congrats Larry... we are all jealous! Except the few that already got theirs!

Wow, what a gorgeous and awesome configuration. If you ever decide to sell that car, PM me first! :)

Congrats Larry! Please share some pics/videos/updates! I haven't seen many lately. New owners are too busy driving to share haha.

Thanks all!

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Damn .. I must be close! But still nothing...

Larry ... we have near identical (black int) builds ... and in the same neighborhood! (so to speak)

Steve,

Yes, you should be very close.

So if you're in the same neighborhood, why haven't you signed up for our Florida club? :biggrin:

Seriously, if you're interested please contact me at [email protected].

Larry