Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the S70 last Sunday at the factory after exactly 60 days. The past 3 days have been surreal. Many have said that 21s with standard suspension rides rough. Not even close. Used to drive an '11 BMW 335i 6MT on 30-series 19" Bridgestone runflats ... notorious for pothole "explosions". My S70 comes nowhere close to that. Semi-firm ride, but definitely not Lincoln TownCar squishy. Does 206 rated miles at 90%; 229 miles @ 100% (EPA says 234 miles tops) ... not bad for my 60-mile work commute. Still won't spend $3000 just to travel 14 extra miles for a 75 badge; that's $214.29 just to travel 1 mile. Uh, eff no.

I pray this thing stays as reliable as my former Hondas and BMWs of years past. If not ... the M3 (no, not the Model 3) sedan with 6MT replace the S70 without hesitation. Hopefully not because driving past Chevron is a strange but fascinating experience. Same goes for passing the long lines of cars for Costco gas while looking for parking far far far away.

Attachments

• 20160626_104348.jpg
    20160626_104348.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Reekdog
Took delivery just y'day, lovely car especially that acceleration and autopilot mode which to me makes a huge difference to my everyday driving experience... going on a highway now becomes a lot more relaxing! Overtaking is a complete piece of cake and when I feel like sitting back and relaxing autopilot takes care of it... best of both worlds!

However, I do have to point out a few issues I have been experiencing already...

1) Not major but A/C makes some weird noise at times which is barely noticeable when driving so that's ok (maybe car is just too quiet when idle haha)

2) HUGELY ANNOYING: charger port sensor not working and my screen constantly says my charger port is open despite me trying to close it multiple times, clean the magnet, reset dash and 17" screen etc...

3) QUITE ANNOYING: steering modes doesn't seem to be working... steering wheel feels the same "comfort" mode like stiffness in the first 180 degree turn regardless of which mode I set... really not ideal for driving dynamics especially on the highway... definitely not the same as what I felt in the numerous test drives I had before placing my order... the difference in stiffness should be and can only make sense if felt right from the slightest turn of the steering wheel to give the more sporty accurate stable feel...

4) My DS did not tell me I needed to programme the side mirror tilt so for a day I thought that was broken as well... darn...

Scheduled for service on item 2) and 3) next Monday...

Anyone else experiencing similar or other issues with their new deliveries?

Took delivery on Tuesday and the only issue I had was the chargeport getting stuck because of the rain. Press the port back in until the light goes out to make sure port is closed. I will check if it opens better when it stops raining....

Last night I went to bed very jealous of @ploon94 and @DrManhattan because they had delivery estimate and all I saw was "July - Early August". This morning I checked the MyTesla page and I'm not jealous any longer "Your estimated delivery window is July 11, 2016 - July 25, 2016".

So east coast deliveries work this way per my DS, they all get sent by train to Alabama and then trucked from there. They might be trucked directly towards the end of the quarter. We might be on the same train

Last night I went to bed very jealous of @ploon94 and @DrManhattan because they had delivery estimate and all I saw was "July - Early August". This morning I checked the MyTesla page and I'm not jealous any longer "Your estimated delivery window is July 11, 2016 - July 25, 2016".
Well, now i'm jealous of you! :) I won't even get the production email until tomorrow or Saturday :( I need a non-Tesla hobby to kill some time for the next 6 weeks or I will go nuts!

Well that didn't take long. I woke up yesterday with a new delivery estimate of July 6-July 20th which seemed impressive as I just confirmed on the 13th and production started Tuesday. I woke up today to see a new update of July 20th - August 3rd which is disappointing, but seems more realistic. If I could get my DS to actually contact me I might have a better idea of an actual date.

I'm aiming to take delivery on July 8th. That's exactly 4 weeks from order to garage. Not too shabby.

Ordered date: 10 June 2016
Confirmed date: 10 June 2016
VIN date: 11 June 2016
VIN: 1472XX
Production date: 25 June 2016
Shipped Date: 29 June 2016
Estimated Delivery: 3 July - 10 July 2016

Model S 60D
Red Multi Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Multi Pattern Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot

Picked up the S70 last Sunday at the factory after exactly 60 days. The past 3 days have been surreal. Many have said that 21s with standard suspension rides rough. Not even close. Used to drive an '11 BMW 335i 6MT on 30-series 19" Bridgestone runflats ... notorious for pothole "explosions". My S70 comes nowhere close to that. Semi-firm ride, but definitely not Lincoln TownCar squishy. Does 206 rated miles at 90%; 229 miles @ 100% (EPA says 234 miles tops) ... not bad for my 60-mile work commute. Still won't spend $3000 just to travel 14 extra miles for a 75 badge; that's $214.29 just to travel 1 mile. Uh, eff no.

I pray this thing stays as reliable as my former Hondas and BMWs of years past. If not ... the M3 (no, not the Model 3) sedan with 6MT replace the S70 without hesitation. Hopefully not because driving past Chevron is a strange but fascinating experience. Same goes for passing the long lines of cars for Costco gas while looking for parking far far far away.

Err, this is just not on at all! One pic?

We'll need many more I beg you! From every angle!! For me its this exact configuration and colour except I'll add SAS, or the base white colour with white seats.

I'm aiming to take delivery on July 8th. That's exactly 4 weeks from order to garage. Not too shabby.

Ordered date: 10 June 2016
Confirmed date: 10 June 2016
VIN date: 11 June 2016
VIN: 1472XX
Production date: 25 June 2016
Shipped Date: 29 June 2016
Estimated Delivery: 3 July - 10 July 2016

Model S 60D
Red Multi Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Multi Pattern Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot

How did you get the order confirmed in just 24hrs?

I confirmed on 6/3, but my vehicle is still in production and I haven't received an exact date range. When I first ordered it was June/July, then it changed to July/August. This is so disappointing.

Maybe if I didn't take that 24 hour Model S test drive this past weekend, I wouldn't be so anxious. lol.