Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update!

My order screen on the app now has a link regarding Tesla making changes that impact the order. When clicked, it references the EPA change from 405 to 402 miles. I didn’t go any further, but I’m guessing that I can decline delivery and get a rebate of my deposit then reorder a model S in the next couple days hoping to get a new build with the new features…

I’m thinking even if they didn’t deliver by March 31, I could still get FSD transfer like they did last time they did the promo? Seems like a gamble but maybe worth the risk.
Maybe don't do it until these changes are actually confirmed lol.... few of us have some doubts here

Reactions: EmergMD
Update!

My order screen on the app now has a link regarding Tesla making changes that impact the order. When clicked, it references the EPA change from 405 to 402 miles. I didn’t go any further, but I’m guessing that I can decline delivery and get a rebate of my deposit then reorder a model S in the next couple days hoping to get a new build with the new features…

I’m thinking even if they didn’t deliver by March 31, I could still get FSD transfer like they did last time they did the promo? Seems like a gamble but maybe worth the risk.
I got this too.
I am not very happy with this 3mi range reduction.

This changes EVERYTHING !!!

I will say that Teslascope’s tweets and replies on the matter impart a certain air of confidence that this time is different. That said…lol

Tesla could decide to punt again. I mean, they also initially planned the camera with the Highland too so…things are always fluid with them. Elon could decide whatever whenever…

Just got a notification in Tesla App that they are "making changes that impact your order." When I reviewed it was about the 405 to 402 miles change. Really considering sitting on this until I hear whether or not the ambient lighting / bumper camera is a day thing or weeks thing. Do they have a deadline for when you accept the changes before they cancel your order?