Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 0-60 won't improve with more power, since it is already traction / torque limited. But, the 60+ mph acceleration would improve. That's where it switches to being battery limited, rather than motor / traction limited.
You can theoretically accelerate to 60 as fast as you can theoretically stop from 60, so there's still room for the model S with more power.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
I patiently waited for Tesla to change course again and re-issue the "Plaid Plus" after I gave up on Roadster v2 and requested my deposit back. My last real hope for re-issue was the Lucid Sapphire specs being reported on being a cause for Musk level action.

Nope.
Chances are the plaid plus is the plaid as as know it now. I think that the vast majority that would go for plaid would go for plus so it doesn’t make sense to have both.

Or perhaps the hotter version didn’t meet reliability criteria. We know from the hacked plaid it went to 216 mph and would have kept pulling. Track pack is limited to 203 mph.

Well, a long time ago I got off the hype train and got a LR, AKA, Plaid Minus.

I wonder if the center horn is something that can be retrofitted.

Any one look at the parts manual?

With the exception of the airbag itself, it doesn't appear the other interfacing parts of have changed in the EPC, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just plug and play with a hard reset.

Well, a long time ago I got off the hype train and got a LR, AKA, Plaid Minus.

I wonder if the center horn is something that can be retrofitted.

Any one look at the parts manual?
I think it can. They removed the old parts from the EPC altogether.

I'm debating between just ordering the parts myself vs trying to get Tesla to do it vs waiting for an official retrofit.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and dsm363
Well *sugar*. After two weeks, they just assigned me the same '23 VIN from December with no discount, even though it shows in inventory as $2700 off.
Wow. Looks like you’re going to have to eat $250 and place another order if you want a 24. Can’t believe no discount!

I assume you didn’t get the “update your order” email with new mileage? Otherwise I don’t think they could assign you a 23?

Last edited:
This is why they are delaying 2024 intro, bleeding old inventory. People that are set on Model S and need the car now will take it. Freaks like us will not.

Which also... might explain the glut of Model S on latest drone footage just sitting there. They are holding them to bleed inventory down.

Last edited: