Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlikely to be a supply issue - they've been certainly planning that for a long time. Probably trying to optimize shipping overseas first to over deliver on Q2 deliveries. If that's the case the *good* news is that it won't be later than end of June... As I cancelled my X order to take an S instead, the sales rep on the phone told me this Monday that "there is currently an 8 weeks lead time from confirmed order to delivery".

• Informative
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Very odd. I confirmed my Model
S order on 4/14 and was assigned a VIN on 4/15. I was in que, so I got the refresh pluses for free. I was verbally told Mid May and my Tesla online page said May Delivery.

Two days later My online page said End of May- June.

Today, my DS emailed saying mid- June.

Right now, ( 4/21 1am) My Tesla online page says Late April- May. ??? No clue if this car is arriving April, May or June.

Very odd. I confirmed my Model
S order on 4/14 and was assigned a VIN on 4/15. I was in que, so I got the refresh pluses for free. I was verbally told Mid May and my Tesla online page said May Delivery.

Two days later My online page said End of May- June.

Today, my DS emailed saying mid- June.

Right now, ( 4/21 1am) My Tesla online page says Late April- May. ??? No clue if this car is arriving April, May or June.

I was told 6 weeks orginally, but then they called me about 2 and weeks in saying it would be ready near the end of the following week, so anything is possible, good luck, fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: Karynt
Oh man, I sold my S on March 21 and I've been driving a friend's 2000 Jetta until my 90D arrives. My DS said it was scheduled for production the week of May 9, then 20-25 days to arrive since they're shipped by rail. So I've been hoping for first week of June at the latest. These updates are making me crazy!

MyTesla still says late May-June, I hope nothing changes.