Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our contract law is built on the foundation of a shared knowledge base between the two people entering into a contract. The law is very clear that withholding material information from someone to induce them to enter into a contract is fraud.
So I want to make sure I have this right.
You entered into a contract with Tesla to buy a car as it was presented at the time of your purchase agreement. You received that car.
It is common knowledge that Tesla updates their products as those updates are ready. Good luck arguing in court that, under those conditions, Tesla committed fraud. Good luck even finding an attorney who would take that on!

Back in 1972 I ordered a Jensen Interceptor with the Chrysler Hemi engine option, a really powerful car in its day. This car arrived from England in near mid 1973. The Interceptor now sported two front and rear, large rubber blocky shaped guards on the bumpers. Totally flabbergasted in a negative manner I asked the dealer to remove these guards. What they did was order a old style, new set of chrome bumpers from the factory and install those for me. In fact somewhere up in the barn I think those original ugly bumpers exist.

So, even traditional auto manufacturers do change things on the fly and have the ability to surprise the new owner with modifications. Jensen was a very small sports car maker and the rubber bumpers were used to get by newly evolving US safety regulations I suppose.

There may be a bunch of new orders of people that delayed a bit their buy after hearing the turned-to-be-true refresh rumor (including myself), but as Tesla has to catch-up on its Q1 delivery miss the first couple of months of this quarter is likely dedicated to produce as many cars as they can for overseas markets, so they can ship, rebuild and deliver them before the end of Q2. It's likely will start to see the US one being built by the second half of May at the earliest.

Rec'd an email from the local Delivery Manager earlier today, including an update on timing:

Timing

As of now, we are expecting your vehicle to begin production in the second half of May and targeting delivery in June. Please confirm your availability at this time.

Please keep us updated on any special timing considerations, such as planned vacations or a vehicle lease that is expiring.