Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When do the 24 vins usually show up? I'm just waiting to press button to order... and trying to decide between grey and red.
I'm curious about that too. I kinda suspect they might also announce a minor refresh or update on S/X on 30th November during the CT delivery event. Although I could be completely wrong.

One more pattern I noticed is that inventory was all time high in the end of August this year and that's when they did the price cuts to get sales.

The inventory seems to be rising now. Still not at the same high levels of August 31st. If you can wait, try to hold off a bit more and see if you get lucky and get another price cut.

Although don't hold me against it. It's just my observation. There could be many other factors like sales of other models and their Q4 targets that weigh in on the price decision.

I already placed my order last month. EDD says Nov 19th - December 31st. Hoping I get the delivery after Nov 30th.

Reactions: aerodyne
@cg_11 and @cwanja thank you both, Will save money and go with the 19s
Wise decision, especially if you plan on driving a lot of miles. Here’s one way of looking at it:

I have 240k miles on the 2015 85D from which I’m transferring FUSC to the new Model S LR I have on order.

The decision to go 19” instead of the cooler looking 21’s when I bought my 85D is more than paying for my new car.

Reactions: aerodyne
I have the same date and same car. In Los Angeles. Hoping this will result in a 2024. It has been getting pushed out one day for the last week since it updated the EDD.

I have diff config, but also LA and also been gettin pushed into the next day for the past week. so if i had to guess, the cars are imminent, otherwise they would just update the EDD for a week or 2 out, at least thats what they did for my M3P

Wise decision, especially if you plan on driving a lot of miles. Here’s one way of looking at it:

I have 240k miles on the 2015 85D from which I’m transferring FUSC to the new Model S LR I have on order.

The decision to go 19” instead of the cooler looking 21’s when I bought my 85D is more than paying for my new car.
How many miles did the 19s gave you before changing tires?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hey everyone. I placed an order for a MSP on Oct. 22 to replace my ‘18 MS70D. Super excited when they started to allow FSC to transfer. Sadly still waiting on VIN.

MSP
Solid Black
B&W int
Yoke
19” wheels
EDD: 11/18-12/23
Congratulations! I hope you get a 2024 VIN

I came across a post in reddit about the FUSC agreement. Just make sure you read the contract properly and check with the SA if you have any concerns.

Reactions: zoomer0056
There are several in stock vehicles that are close enough and close enough to me that I'm really thinking about switching to one of those. It's little stuff yoke vs wheel (original choice) or 21's vs 19's (original choice). None of those are deal breakers. I went LR because I wanted to save the scratch, but there is a Plaid nearby that has 19's, a wheel, and is black....what is that saying - patience is a virtue?

There are several in stock vehicles that are close enough and close enough to me that I'm really thinking about switching to one of those. It's little stuff yoke vs wheel (original choice) or 21's vs 19's (original choice). None of those are deal breakers. I went LR because I wanted to save the scratch, but there is a Plaid nearby that has 19's, a wheel, and is black....what is that saying - patience is a virtue?
patience is indeed a virtue, until Elon raises prices again lol.

If you place an order, the price is locked in. The longer it takes, the better chance you'll get a '24. Anything in stock will be a '23. Better to not take an inventory car.

I spoke to the service manager. It appears the fender was “stamped” incorrectly in the folding process. I was told it’s an easy process to fix but may result in paint chipping. They are moving the car, via tow, from the third party certified body shop to the Tesla collision center in Aliso Viejo. I caved at this point. I could fight it, but no guarantee a replacement car has fewer issues. Now the big stress is whether or not they've messed anything else up after. We’ll find out in 5-7 days.
Updating.

The car was delivered on 9/22. Since then I've had a headache on my hands. There were some interior trim pieces that Tesla replaced, but the primary issue has been the fender.

The car had 15 miles upon pick up. I drove it home and then back to the SC which is less than a 3 mile round trip. It was dropped off about a week after delivery and has been under service since.

The first attempt to fix the fender involved them driving it 11 miles to a local, approved body shop....knowing that I'm avoiding any wear because I wanted to PPF the car. That's fine, though....no harm, no foul. The body shop says they need to do paint work to the fender. I was told upon delivery that it would likely not be the case...that wet sanding and buffing is all that's needed. We go back and forth and I agree to the work but the work would be completed at a Tesla Collision Center.

Tesla finishes the job on the car and I go to pick it up last Monday. The fender looks better but there are portions where there is still excess paint (I was told I didn't point it out to them...I in fact did) but it is also misaligned. During this time I also point out a few scratches on the bottom of the bumper - nothing major and they are largely unseen. They said they would tow it back to the body shop.

A few days later with no response, I followed up. I was informed that they were having the lead tech from the body shop come out to investigate to see if they could remedy it would out towing it back there. I was then told they were able to wet sand the issue with the fender but are replacing the front bumper. I told them I was concerned about the color matching and they assured me it would be fine....ok then.

So I go to pick up yesterday....
Plaid Badge removed from the trunk
Bumper color doesn't match
Fender is better! But still misaligned
Rocker panel not attached right - paint is cracked
Driver door paint damage

At this point, I inquired about a buyback....but I walked back that request this morning and asked for a collateral exchange (replacement). I'd be fine if they just fixed what they were supposed to fix. They assured me they would do a quality check each time....but I'm obviously not a priority. I was expecting some hiccups as this isn't my first rodeo but this is pretty piss poor.

Am I out of line?

Updating.

The car was delivered on 9/22. Since then I've had a headache on my hands. There were some interior trim pieces that Tesla replaced, but the primary issue has been the fender.

The car had 15 miles upon pick up. I drove it home and then back to the SC which is less than a 3 mile round trip. It was dropped off about a week after delivery and has been under service since.

The first attempt to fix the fender involved them driving it 11 miles to a local, approved body shop....knowing that I'm avoiding any wear because I wanted to PPF the car. That's fine, though....no harm, no foul. The body shop says they need to do paint work to the fender. I was told upon delivery that it would likely not be the case...that wet sanding and buffing is all that's needed. We go back and forth and I agree to the work but the work would be completed at a Tesla Collision Center.

Tesla finishes the job on the car and I go to pick it up last Monday. The fender looks better but there are portions where there is still excess paint (I was told I didn't point it out to them...I in fact did) but it is also misaligned. During this time I also point out a few scratches on the bottom of the bumper - nothing major and they are largely unseen. They said they would tow it back to the body shop.

A few days later with no response, I followed up. I was informed that they were having the lead tech from the body shop come out to investigate to see if they could remedy it would out towing it back there. I was then told they were able to wet sand the issue with the fender but are replacing the front bumper. I told them I was concerned about the color matching and they assured me it would be fine....ok then.

Driver door paint damage

At this point, I inquired about a buyback....but I walked back that request this morning and asked for a collateral exchange (replacement). I'd be fine if they just fixed what they were supposed to fix. They assured me they would do a quality check each time....but I'm obviously not a priority. I was expecting some hiccups as this isn't my first rodeo but this is pretty piss poor.

Am I out of line?

No.

I would never accept a car that required Service or body work unless it was so minor I knew I could do it myself.

Updating.

Driver door paint damage

Am I out of line?
Sorry this happened. You were quite accommodating. Tesla should've fixed your issue the first time without causing further problems.

Check and see if a replacement car is still an option. I would go with a new one if that was possible.

Reactions: Faksnima