Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as likely as if it's "real" imo. But why would you render it A) on the wrong side B) 5x larger than it is in person C) Crooked. If you're gonna do it, at least try, lol.

There are SO MANY QUESTIONS!!
This is Tesla, no quality control including in their marketing. Don’t forget, they also list features in the model S which still haven’t been activated. Did any forum members make it out to the list of events? Any word yet

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If the render is to be believed, the front part of the taillight almost appears like a "sharper point" on the new ones (more rounded on the current ones). If so, that suggests a rear quarter panel change and possibly not a retrofit possibility. Might be reading too far into a render, though.
Spot on what I mentioned yesterday - trunk, appliqué, lights and quarter panel all could need to be swapped out to make this work.

Reactions: GrnSqrl and cwanja
@EndlessPlaid - my friend went to the showroom on Santana Row. No Plaid inside, but he scoped out the parking lot where they keep vehicles and saw one. It didn't have plates, but no idea if it was a customer delivery or not. Anyways, old lights. 😔
AFAIK, Santana Row doesn't handle any customer deliveries. It's only a showroom and test drive location. Quite sure that the one you saw is the test drive vehicle, especially if it was parked in the parking lot. Most if not all vehicles there are test drive vehicles.

If the render is to be believed, the front part of the taillight almost appears like a "sharper point" on the new ones (more rounded on the current ones). If so, that suggests a rear quarter panel change and possibly not a retrofit possibility. Might be reading too far into a render, though.

I actually like the current taillights, and no, not salty about having them - feel like they distinguish against the 3/Y. I would be all over the new headlights, though.

I'm not seeing a sharper point, it looks the same to me.

I initially thought we were going to need new body panels, but seeing them it looks like they fit right in. They're not going to be retrofittable easily though, since the charge port is further back in the new taillight assembly. The EPC shows different busbars, the new ones are probably an inch or two longer, so those would have to be replaced to fit the new chargeport.

Spot on what I mentioned yesterday - trunk, appliqué, lights and quarter panel all could need to be swapped out to make this work.
No way they retooled the quarter panels. Not likely the trunk either. There's just no need for it. New applique can click into the same trunk snap locations.

No way they retooled the quarter panels. Not likely the trunk either. There's just no need for it. New applique can click into the same trunk snap locations.
I'm no expert, but I'd think this changing this much sheet metal would require crash testing and recertification... a lot of effort for tail lights and headlights.

Does Tesla ever come up on the trade-in offer? I haven’t accepted mine yet, and my delivery Is next week. I asked the unnamed person texting me about delivery to raise the offer.
If your trade valuation expires while you're waiting for delivery it will be re-evaluated, and I've read on this thread a number of times that the new number is higher than the old one (crazy used car market that it is right now). If you're just looking to negotiate a better number... I don't think Tesla does that, unfortunately. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

If your trade valuation expires while you're waiting for delivery it will be re-evaluated, and I've read on this thread a number of times that the new number is higher than the old one (crazy used car market that it is right now). If you're just looking to negotiate a better number... I don't think Tesla does that, unfortunately. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

Based on feedback that I had gotten this week, trade in value is non-negotiable from Tesla. Depending on the car/mileage, I have seen numbers all over the place, between what Tesla offers and comparative offers from others like vroom, carvana etc.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid