Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Especially since they have yet to be substantiated.
Isn't it more just a when question? Mule car with new lights has been spotted on the road and test track. Also it has been shown in official event in Taiwan. So we know it is coming, just no certainty on date. I would be very surprised that Tesla would make the lights to be an Asia/European only thing.

Isn't it more just a when question? Mule car with new lights has been spotted on the road and test track. Also it has been shown in official event in Taiwan. So we know it is coming, just no certainty on date. I would be very surprised that Tesla would make the lights to be an Asia/European only thing.
Exactly! There's no "rumor" element to this at all! We know it's coming soon.

Exactly! There's no "rumor" element to this at all! We know it's coming soon.

I am not say it will not happen. My guess is thereis a good chance that it will happen sometime in "two weeks".

But to be so strong on something that was a test mule and in a foreign market is just premature if it means talking people into cancelling or moving orders.

We saw a tilting screen and a motorized wing on test mules.

Again, it will probably happen but still a rumor and unsubstantiated by Tesla.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Was it shown? Last I recall it was covered up. Was someone on this forum there?

Also. Just because it hits the test track, does not mean it hits production. Hell, the public facing website talked about a tilting screen and that got yanked, amiright @Tigers? Yet we are gaulking over some potato photos and renderings.

There are rumors until its in a customers possession. Sorry @EndlessPlaid and all your positive optimism.

Was it shown? Last I recall it was covered up. Was someone on this forum there?

Also. Just because it hits the test track, does not mean it hits production. Hell, the public facing website talked about a tilting screen and that got yanked, amiright @Tigers? Yet we are gaulking over some potato photos and renderings.

There are rumors until its in a customers possession. Sorry @EndlessPlaid and all your positive optimism.
Yeah remember we got pics of it?
And yes things can change, but it is coming. I'd give it a 99.9% chance of happening. We should see it soon! Almost every time something new comes out, everyone gets excited, then starts to doubt it, and then it actually happens. 🙂

Would be very surprising to make the new, good lights exclusive to those markets when the current lights are just so poor.

Not sure how anyone can not think they're happening when we've already seen them multiple times.

Would be very surprising to make the new, good lights exclusive to those markets when the current lights are just so poor.

Not sure how anyone can not think they're happening when we've already seen them multiple times.
Exactly. Sure, market differences exist in taillights, but these taillights are likely DRASTICALLY different (in design), and the rear end bar is different too. These are happening in NA.

Reactions: mikemi and BPeter
I actively despise the headlights on the Model S. They're the first headlights I've had in years that are bloody awful. My 2016 Golf R had better headlights, my 2019 Model 3 Performance had miles better headlights, and they weren't even the latest iteration of those out now. The S is terrible. It's like a disco ball of light just thrown... somewhere over there. They're crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. How is this acceptable on a car that costs this much? Does any car in this price range have such dismal lights?

• Love
Reactions: Ormond and jebinc
Well that was useless. The rep said I will have the "fully refreshed" Model S and knows that there was some news of new headlights "in China" but those aren't coming here. Her responses did not inspire confidence! She also said that my VIN shows them as having summer tires (after I asked) which is going to be a big problem here in Virginia! Not sure what I do to get this resolved.

Well that was useless. The rep said I will have the "fully refreshed" Model S and knows that there was some news of new headlights "in China" but those aren't coming here. Her responses did not inspire confidence! She also said that my VIN shows them as having summer tires (after I asked) which is going to be a big problem here in Virginia! Not sure what I do to get this resolved.
Omg lol! Yeah she sadly doesn't know too much, as most SAs do unfortunately.

Let them know you are unfortunately out of the country until March 3rd but would like to schedule delivery that evening as soon as you return! ;)

Just putting out information to be digested at your leisure...

I switched my account to cash vs financing on Jan 20. Received my VIN 1 Feb for an East Coast RN1150 order. Not saying that it was actually a factor or not... but 8ish months in and then a VIN two weeks after the change (for an MSM LR, which seems like a unicorn at this point) seems a little suspicious.
Have you called to confirm you're getting all-season tires?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid