Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone can provide me the info to a good delivery advisor? I cannot get in touch with mine and I been trying to reach out to him through different means without success. My car is supposed to be delivered in Sep 11-17th; maybe it is too soon for them to contact me? I am not sure.

Anyway, my main concern is about my trade-in, the offer for my Model 3 expires on Sep 6th and I want to make sure that the new trade offer is fair. I haven't moved my car 1 mile since I got their offer and their offer was generous, $2,500 less than what I paid for 3 years ago. I just don't want to be blindsided by way lower offer. I would like for Tesla to rerun my trade-in offer right now since it would be good to the end of September.
You picking up in CLT?

This is going to be a very welcome surprise :) one thing to point out though is that I’ve had 330wh/mile in my 2015 70d when the tires were around 42psi and in the early 300wh/mile when at 47psi. All other things being the same

so that makes a reasonable difference too
No question about that, I have been a trifle obsessive about tire pressure. Of course, the 19” makes a big difference and the Pirelli Elect seems to be a possible contributor also. The few reports I have heard from other Plaid drivers have mostly much worse economy, probably from using all that spectacular power, but there have been a couple that have done better than I in my first 250 miles. I’m curious to know what that will be after a years. My P3D was 303 lifetime, my P85D was 330.

This exactly is my conundrum. If it were perfect, without the ripped carpet and Yoke issue may be I would be more attached. Throwing that much more extra money for an imperfectly delivered car at that price point just isn’t sitting with me. If I let it go I would lose ~10K sales tax.
The imperfections will be fixed. New memories are created every day.

Does anyone can provide me the info to a good delivery advisor? I cannot get in touch with mine and I been trying to reach out to him through different means without success. My car is supposed to be delivered in Sep 11-17th; maybe it is too soon for them to contact me? I am not sure.

Anyway, my main concern is about my trade-in, the offer for my Model 3 expires on Sep 6th and I want to make sure that the new trade offer is fair. I haven't moved my car 1 mile since I got their offer and their offer was generous, $2,500 less than what I paid for 3 years ago. I just don't want to be blindsided by way lower offer. I would like for Tesla to rerun my trade-in offer right now since it would be good to the end of September.
If your Service Center/store is close I recommend going there and trying with a salesperson. That might yield better insight than the SA. You might ask them to find you a match earlier. That seems to happen occasionally now.

Good morning everyone,

sorry I've been gone. Since my EDD was moved (and hasn't changed ) to 10/19-11/8, I've tried to get my mind away from this vehicle. It's bee nearly 8 months since my order. Back in april-august, I had hope for an imminent delivery. Now I've succumb to the notion that I am indeed going to make a 9+ month wait of this. To be honest, it certainly is less stressful because my expectation is set. I have very little enthusiasm that anything changes with that date.

Anywho, if anyone wants to mess me up and give me false expectations, are any white interiors being delivered? :p:D
@evan123 got theirs yesterday - white / carbon fiber. After changing to cream, the delivered car had white. Outside of a few, this was the first one. However, movement is finally taking place for the white interiors as most of us had February during the public apology email, blank the last two weeks and waking up this morning to dates. Check your account, they might have moved forward!

Got my Plaid this afternoon! After a short 35 mile drive from the delivery center, I have some first impressions.

- Tesla's delivery experience is a joke, which we all put up with because the car is anything but. There wasn't a single proactive inbound call from Tesla related to scheduling delivery of this car. Only call-backs over the last week. When I did show up to my delivery, they were finishing detailing the car. I peeked at it and noticed the car had a white interior, which is what I originally ordered but since I replaced my original order with an inventory car with cream seats, that made no sense. Apparently they replaced the seats! I have no clue if this was an error or a favor, but I somehow ended up with the exact configuration I wanted: Plaid / Black / White / Carbon / 21. Happy day! I spent a total of 25 minutes picking up my car.

- I had to sit in traffic on the way back so didn't get to floor it, then conveniently was first at a red light at a pretty wide road near my house. When I did, I started cracking up uncontrollably, just like I did when I bought my first Tesla, a Model 3 Performance. This thing is an aggressive beast; you can feel it overpowering gravity. I also got a chance to accelerate a bit on sections of the highway and experienced just what I've read from others on this forum, that you get a head rush going from 50-80, which is not the case with my M3P.

- The yoke felt quite natural, and even better than a steering wheel, when driving on the highway. Gives a nice feeling of control. I had to do a multi-point turn to back into my driveway and that's where it was less convenient than a wheel. I imagine I'll adjust, and I ultimately don't care compared to how cool it looks to me -- not to mention the added visibility it gives -- but that was one drawback I noticed.

- The seat managed to be just as comfortable as my Model 3 white vegan leather seat, which is the most comfortable seat I've ever driven in. It feels slightly wider and more captain-like, shall we say?

- Miscellaneous bits: The new UI is fantastic. Love the door handles (I haven't ever driven an S). Interior is gorgeous and feels well appointed. Sound system felt fine, didn't stand out. Excited to try out the rear screen.
A white seat delivery??!! Fantastic!

Paramus cancelled my Monday Delivery and moved me to springfield, didn't explain why but this might be it. Hopefully the cars are alright at the ridgefield heights auto termnal where I presume a lot of teslas were holding. That area is pretty low lying as well.
I was supposed to take delivery yesterday, and would be fine going to Springfield... if they'd just let me know where to go and when to be there lol

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

I've said this several times before, but for most of us, trying to contact a specific SA is a fools errand. Just get through the menu options until you can select "New Car Purchase". You'll be routed to the first available SA. Every time I have done this they were informative and helpful.

I heard about how Tesla improves your car over time. but I didn't think I would see it so quickly.

I left the Tesla home today because of the flooding. I heard about the subwoofer OTA while at work, and went to mess with it as soon as I got home. While the sound system still doesn't feel like it was acoustically designed for the cabin, it has some real punch now at the lower frequencies. I'm real impressed by the level of bass it can push for a factory system. It does have its limits. Certain frequency ranges are a struggle, and a few songs with multiple simultaneous bass frequencies made it really struggle.

I went through a bunch of songs to test the bass. This is by no means a total reflection of what I listen too. My tastes are all over the place. But these songs came to mind when I was thinking of how to test the bass.

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen - Sounded adequate. Clear, but no real thump.
Blow by Kesha - Bass sounded real nice. The highs were nice and clear.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons - This one was beyond the speaker capabilities. The bass sounded scrambled and clipped. I turned it back down for fear of blowing a speaker.

99 Problems by Jay-Z - The bass frequencies were outside the range of the system. I didn't really feel any bass thump.
Believer by Imagine Dragons - Sounded good with nice bass thump.
Starship by Nicki Minaj - Sounded awesome. The bass was clear and chest thumping.
Shots by LMFAO - Sounded great. The system handled this well with solid bass.
Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas - Sounded good.
Shake Your Rump by Beastie Boys - Sounded really nice. When the bass line kicked in you felt it.
Blinding Light by The Weeknd - This sounded amazing. Crystal clear highs and a car shaking bass line. Impressive sound.
A Milli by Lil Wayne - This song had the most impressive bass sound. A clean bass vibrating sound that you really feel.
Pop That P$%^y by 2 Live Crew - Played this one mostly to make my wife laugh, but it sounded awesome.

At the request of an audiophile friend of mine, I turned up the mid range. It definitely sounded better. I'm many times happier with this system compared to before this update. Here are the settings I settled on before running through all those songs. All songs were run with the Tesla streaming service:View attachment 704521View attachment 704523View attachment 704522
A good test is “the way you move” by Big Boi (Outkast). Really low ends and good mid range and high end notes.

@evan123 got theirs yesterday - white / carbon fiber. After changing to cream, the delivered car had white. Outside of a few, this was the first one. However, movement is finally taking place for the white interiors as most of us had February during the public apology email, blank the last two weeks and waking up this morning to dates. Check your account, they might have moved forward!
No VIN yet in my Tesla account but it's still holding steady at Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21. I'll be super excited if I get a VIN over the next few days or if it takes longer and things are pushed back into Oct.