Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Originally posted this to the wrong thread by accident, but I’m curious to get some semblance of what other people’s experiences have been with plaid orders.

I’ve had a Plaid on order since 2/9. Month by month I’ve been strung along being told repeatedly that I’d get the car in the next 3-4 weeks. I just received an email today stating my estimated delivery is now slated for february…one whole year from my order date.

This is my third model S….ordered because my last one was in an accident and I’ve literally been in a rental car for the past 5 months waiting for this car to replace my old one. I am at a complete loss for words…had I known I was going to get strung along this far I would have bought something else sooner…used tesla prices are now through the roof and comparable to new car prices which are impossible to come by. I literally do not know what to do at this point….worst customer service experience of my life. Called SA and they had no further information other than to say “production has been halted.” This is bizarre.
Just when I thought I had it bad…

It seems to me that, for the most part, the new EDD’s track the RN’s much better than before. Colors and parts don’t seem to be as big a factor. LR’s with RN’s up to RN1151 correlate fairly well with delivery dates from Aug-Feb. However, I have noticed some LR RN1152’s (post price hike?) with dates Nov-Dec. In at least two cases, orders IDENTICAL to mine placed several months after mine have EDD’s over a month earlier. Greedy monkey.

I ordered on July 9th. Was back and forth on black or white interior. really like both. ordered black and was gonna go change it but the $5k increase happened. I didn't feel like paying $7k to change the seats. Now I think the black interior is my best chance at getting the car this year. We'll see.

'21 MS LR | Blue/Black, 19",No FSD | RN1152 Nov15-Dec05​

Similar config to yours (although with FSD) and as of today I'm seeing nov 24 - Dec 14. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back to next year...!

For those monitoring my slow decent to madness, my EDD tightened overnight from 11-19 to 12-19. No VIN yet. I'm holding onto some of the encouraging messages I have received from others on this board to keep hope alive. 🤞
My EDD tightened as well; now Aug 14-20. Having a hard time getting my head around that I could be driving my Plaid on Saturday, sweeet.. Worse case by next Friday, according to my EDD. For the first time, I actually trust my EDD hah...

I’m ready to take delivery of the wood.
The scariest thing for me though? I’m out of town for a WEEK at the end of both months and I’m NEVER out of town. 😓
So question for all here- I have never bought a Tesla and more than that, I have never ordered a car. I have bought based on what exists already my entire life. When I ordered it was Sept/Oct delivery estimate. Now I am at Dec 4-24th. If my car happened to come in at the end of Dec and I was gone for a few weeks, what do they do? Does that screw everything up or will they hold onto the car? Honestly the thought is- if they can screw around with delivery dates, why can I not screw around with pickup dates?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Newbie here. Long time daily and nightly lurker though. RN115093::: order june 6. MS plaid white/black with wood interior. 19”s. Location north georgia. Go bulldogs. Current edd is aug 24 to sept 03 but have been on the daily slide up one day for about 2 weeks now. SA in Atlanta she is clueless of anything. Worst experience ever for a repeat customer with over 20 referrals to the brand.

So question for all here- I have never bought a Tesla and more than that, I have never ordered a car. I have bought based on what exists already my entire life. When I ordered it was Sept/Oct delivery estimate. Now I am at Dec 4-24th. If my car happened to come in at the end of Dec and I was gone for a few weeks, what do they do? Does that screw everything up or will they hold onto the car? Honestly the thought is- if they can screw around with delivery dates, why can I not screw around with pickup dates?
Because they hold the keys. Literally. Especially as they approach EoQ. Typically the date hold is three days at EoQ. Talk to your SA ahead of time and see what you can arrange.