Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of Delivery Related - mostly not - is that I got the 24.2 update this morning. I didn't see anything about ANC in the change notes, and I took it for a drive and didn't really notice any difference in road noise. So maybe this is preparing for ANC, @Tigers, but I don't think it's switched on quite yet.

Autopark is confirmed for FSD only (I don't have FSD and didn't see anything about AutoPark when update was complete)

Greetings from MX thread. I put a MSP order in TWO WEEKS AGO blue/white/19’/FSD for fun while I wait for my MX. I had initial date of January then blank after a couple days and this morning now August 27th-September 26th. Insanity. In Elon I trust.

Attachments

• D3F63C43-56BE-4269-A965-4D7D6CF10D6D.jpeg
    D3F63C43-56BE-4269-A965-4D7D6CF10D6D.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 56
Kind of Delivery Related - mostly not - is that I got the 24.2 update this morning. I didn't see anything about ANC in the change notes, and I took it for a drive and didn't really notice any difference in road noise. So maybe this is preparing for ANC, @Tigers, but I don't think it's switched on quite yet.

Autopark is confirmed for FSD only (I don't have FSD and didn't see anything about AutoPark when update was complete)
ANC is not. As you said, and others confirmed, there is no reference to it in the change log. Assuming Green found underlying code for and prematurely popped that out. But at least it seems like it is coming.

I don't believe this, still. Remember SAs dont really know anything. I had one tell me Berlin was pumping out cars yesterday lol
I mean your a 1144 order posting right behind a 1154 with an august date only difference is plaid (other than your white). Prioritizing higher orders, margins,specs ,etc is a mindstate and deployed across all facets of the chain. Its pretty clear from all the data they do prioritize

Well....

I would be ecstatic to be the charter member! :D:p
Greetings from MX thread. I put a MSP order in TWO WEEKS AGO blue/white/19’/FSD for fun while I wait for my MX. I had initial date of January then blank after a couple days and this morning now August 27th-September 26th. Insanity. In Elon I trust.
Hello,
would you be interested in selling that reservation?

ANC is not. As you said, and others confirmed, there is no reference to it in the change log. Assuming Green found underlying code for and prematurely popped that out. But at least it seems like it is coming.
Yeah I thought the fact that Green found it meant that it was there., but there was no mention of it in the release notes. Like you said, it must be nearly here though.

Reactions: T-Racer
Each time I've gotten new guidance on when my car is going to get delivered, I've gotten past the disappointment and settled in for the longer wait. But at this point, after so many (really significant) misses on the delivery timeline, I'm not sure I can really trust even this crazy new estimate I just got. Really needed the car by start of September, and would never have guessed it would take 8 months. How are others thinking about this? Any reason to think the latest estimates can be relied upon? If not, I really have to think about bailing to a different car--is really the first time I'm considering it.

I mean your a 1144 order posting right behind a 1154 with an august date only difference is plaid (other than your white). Prioritizing higher orders, margins,specs ,etc is a mindstate and deployed across all facets of the chain. Its pretty clear from all the data they do prioritize

Sure but:

I changed colors, have 19in wheels and white interior. Which do you have

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Each time I've gotten new guidance on when my car is going to get delivered, I've gotten past the disappointment and settled in for the longer wait. But at this point, after so many (really significant) misses on the delivery timeline, I'm not sure I can really trust even this crazy new estimate I just got. Really needed the car by start of September, and would never have guessed it would take 8 months. How are others thinking about this? Any reason to think the latest estimates can be relied upon? If not, I really have to think about bailing to a different car--is really the first time I'm considering it.
Will just share my opinion - the fact that date ranges (including numbers - e.g. December 12 - December 25) go all the way out to December / January, I would venture to imagine these dates are fairly solid. Could they move? Sure. But move by a month? Less so.

That's truly unreal. I have the same config on a January 2021 order, and just got an EDD for October-November.

Update: Canada white/white/cf/21". Was August now Februrary. Tesla confirmed the 20k luxury vehicle tax that comes into effect on Jan 1st 2022 now applies.

Not really in the mood to wait 6 months just to pay 20k in taxes. I don't see a reason not to cancel at this point.
Well...if you cancel there's no taking it back, whereas if you don't, the date could change to pre-January. Just sayin'.