Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess mine is due within a week or so. Made final payment on Friday, I asked when the next truck to TX was leaving, but my PS didn't know, other than to say that there's 2 or 3 trucks per week heading this way. I've not had confirmation that the car has completed production, but judging from the other VINs, I suspect it has. My delivery window is/was Jan 26 - Feb 10.

Got the call from Tesla the car is on a truck and has left the factory, should arrive Tampa on the Feb 6th and home delivery on the 8th, fingers crossed.
Order number was 10,728 around Aug 11th, I think in Colorado. had an original del date of Apr/May. Finalized the paperwork today, and here in Florida a personal check is fine. VIN -4410 ,Blue, Tan, 85, non perf, pano 19 inch, sound, tech, dual, HPWC. I have enjoyed all the delivery stories you have all supplied so I intend to pay my dues and reciprocate. The Dig camera and the Ipad are all charged up. I also would like to divulge that although all your pictures and cars have been absolutely beautiful, I know that TESLA has taken very special care to build this car and it will be the most outstandingly beautiful auto ever delivered, so please no crying or tears or sending your cars back to the factory when you see what gets delivered to SEBRING on friday, my apologies, Robert . Her name will be Tapawingo, and will probably be referred to as Tapa. EDIT, I was also told the HPWC would follow in March.

Last edited:
I am so frustrated. My reservations number is 4471 and seeing all these later reservations being filled. There must have been very few of us early reservation holders that ordered the 60kw with active suspension. My car was ordered with the 60kw battery, leather, sunroof and cargo cover and will not even begin production until the beginning of March and from the looks of it, most of the people in front of me also didnt order the active suspension so I probably have about 3000 ahead as production starts in March meaning my car is probably coming in June. I guess it doesnt really matter that we gave them our money and locked in the order MONTHS ago. I'm not feeling very loved as an early believer.

I simply don't get it ... I am one of many of us whose car is (hopefully!) on a truck.

The TMC web site says mine is still being built. I'm being told to pick up in 5 days.

A mate of mine who's had his for "ever", tells me the TMC site was not updated til weeks after he took delivery.

Why, oh, why ... if we order a $10 thing from Amazon, do we get tracking numbers so we can see progress ... I don't need truck based GPS just left factory [date]. Expected arrived service center "x" [date].

Instead, some of use get phone calls which are so inefficient!

I feel guilt calling "delivery" or my DS. I shouldn't need to.

Vent over.

With the new iPhone/android app, technically i think you could track your Model S as it traverses the country. I just installed the iPhone app and it seems to be trying to access my car, but it needs a setting activated on the car for Mobile access. They should do this before it leaves the factory, but then you might also be waking the truck driver up through the night remotely honking the horn!!!

With the new iPhone/android app, technically i think you could track your Model S as it traverses the country. I just installed the iPhone app and it seems to be trying to access my car, but it needs a setting activated on the car for Mobile access. They should do this before it leaves the factory, but then you might also be waking the truck driver up through the night remotely honking the horn!!!

Thanks for the post!! Made my day and I'm downloading now. I plan to track mine across the US so I don't have to lose my mind or place 1000 phone calls.

Hate to burst your bubble but the app only works if you "enable remote access" in the car. (I'd love to be able to track where my car is as well). :)

I'm aware. I plan to beg for them to turn it on or at least strongly suggest they do so with all cars. Then we can all get off their back with questions about where the car is.

Duckjybe,
That's a brilliant idea. TMC should be so lucky to get all these great ideas for free. It's just one more way to show how they can offer a superior car and a unique automotive experience. I'm constantly reminded of the amazing group of people that are Tesla fans.

I'm aware. I plan to beg for them to turn it on or at least strongly suggest they do so with all cars. Then we can all get off their back with questions about where the car is.

I don't think the third-party truck drivers & trucking companies would be ok with customers being able to honk the horn while the car is on the truck, and opening the pano roof or charge port, or turning on the CC might have bad consequences. But perhaps a special setting at the factory that allows only GPS tracking (app location tab) would be a good compromise to get people off the DSs' backs.

Of course, the trucking companies may not like you being able to track anything on their truck. Not to mention that a covered carrier may act like a Faraday cage so 3G won't work. And unless you've paid in full before it gets on the truck in Fremont, it's not technically yours. :wink:

That said, I'd love to have this option when mine gets on a truck!