Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pick up @ Fremont assy. plant, 9AM tomorrow, 12/29/12 !!!

(P9864, VIN 2925) 85kW , Tech Package, Met Brown, Pano Roof, Air Suspension, 19'' Wheels, Tan Perf Int. Obech. Matte , Cargo Cover, No HPWC :biggrin:
progress.gif

P1937, VIN 1919 Delivered!!!!!

Need to write up the story about taking it to Jiffy Lube for the inspection. The group of guys there were all over it taking pictures and video. You should've seen when I showed them the "engine" under the hood (frunk) then the rear engine (the hatch). They were quite surprised and impressed! The guy who drove it said he had only driven one other car as smooth and solid - a Rolls Royce Phantom!

The delivery was a complete mess with nothing but half-truths (and worse) for the last three weeks - culminating in a vehicle delivered with no (but promised) detail and 0 - zilch - nada miles on the batt. But oh the car! Super amazing! Put 20 miles on it so far and already it feels like "my car".
I was afraid it would be too big and maybe this or that, but it is spot on! Very well perportioned and an incredibel looker with great handling. The only problems so far are a few scratches on the roof and the acceleration is not correct. (maybe because of the low SOC?)

Blue P85 with gray, obeche matte, sunroof, tech, silver 21's. Oh and the wheels on the display are wrong and the update always fails. (shipped with 4.0 and says there is an update but it fails over and over)

Still need rear facing seats and parcel shelf.

P1937, VIN 1919 Delivered!!!!!

Blue P85 with gray, obeche matte, sunroof, tech, silver 21's. Oh and the wheels on the display are wrong and the update always fails. (shipped with 4.0 and says there is an update but it fails over and over)

Still need rear facing seats and parcel shelf.

From one Houstonian (Spring Valley area) to another...congrats. It is good to here about local deliveries. Your config is similar to mine except I opted for the carbon fiber. Do you have the performance version? If so, is the piping on the gray leather white or tan? The design studio shows tan piping, but pics I've seen, as well as my pre-MVPA, document white piping. Please post pictures!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit "hear"

Boy I hope my battery is ok. It said 0 but I drove around the cul-de-sac and into the garage to charge. Charged it to about 125 miles and drove around some more. WOW pressing the accelerator (Performance) is like stepping through the Stargate!
The piping is a light tan (not white). Don't really like it. We picked the gray based on the Blue/Gray/Perf on the Get Amped tour and we don't remember it looking like that. Certainly going to enjoy it but wouldn't have picked it. Would probably go Tan. Very happy with the Blue though. Plenty of color for me and very low key classy.
Passenger door has to be shut with more force than we would like. B-pillar is way too forward and I can already see it getting a rubbed look to it. (going to train myself to avoid touching it)
BUT I wouldn't want any other car! Driver said he had delivered a Green in the area...

P7603 Vin2970 was picked up at the factory today. Bonnie and Doug came along for the factory tour. The tour was amazing and Bonnie, her son, and Doug are the nicest folks around. Love watching the Kuka robots in action.

Used 3 superchargers on the way home, about 20-30 mins at Harris ranch to get the battery from 70ish to 185 miles. The again at tejon ranch from 60ish to 230 miles in less than an hour. Final full range charge at Space X for about an hour since my 240v outlet has not yet been installed.

Love, absolutely love the car and the superchargers. Where else can you charge at 200+ miles per hour refill.

Tesla needs more than one supercharger at Harris Ranch. That's going to be the bottleneck location.

Tesla needs more than one supercharger at Harris Ranch. That's going to be the bottleneck location.

If there were SuperChargers in San Luis Obispo (and perhaps Santa Barbara), then 101 could also be used, as an alternate/additional route to LA. Some prefer 101. Some prefer taking 5 one way, and 101 the other way, makes it more interesting (and usually the way back isn't as time sensitive). Would take load off Harris Ranch (and also Tejon Ranch). BTW, especially for the my-first-Model-S-long-trip, 101 seems more attractive than 5. And with a SuperCharger in San Luis Obispo, one can also take the scenic route Hwy 1 between Gilroy and San Luis Obispo!

Don't feel bad, just enjoy the moment. I've got the same config as yours: P9096, Standard 85kWh, Blue, Tan, Matte, Air, Pano, Tech. Also got a Feb/March window when I finalized, but no word since then. I've given up trying to understand the logic of the sequencing, though I'm sure there must be one. I'm actually kind of enjoying the wait tbh.
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
Mr. Spock -- Amok Time

I think he was talking more about women than cars, though. :rolleyes:

Boy I hope my battery is ok. It said 0 but I drove around the cul-de-sac and into the garage to charge. Charged it to about 125 miles and drove around some more. WOW pressing the accelerator (Performance) is like stepping through the Stargate!
The piping is a light tan (not white). Don't really like it. We picked the gray based on the Blue/Gray/Perf on the Get Amped tour and we don't remember it looking like that. Certainly going to enjoy it but wouldn't have picked it. Would probably go Tan. Very happy with the Blue though. Plenty of color for me and very low key classy.
Passenger door has to be shut with more force than we would like. B-pillar is way too forward and I can already see it getting a rubbed look to it. (going to train myself to avoid touching it)
BUT I wouldn't want any other car! Driver said he had delivered a Green in the area...
Several have made 5+ miles "sub-zero", while being ordered onscreen to plug in the car IMMEDIATELY. :wink:

The door problem is a "bug", not a feature, and should be fixed at the Service Center.

Cinergi and others, AFAIK, have designed a driver profile 'Enter-Exit' to call up to move the seat ahead and the steering wheel out of the way.

P7603 Vin2970 was picked up at the factory today. Bonnie and Doug came along for the factory tour. The tour was amazing and Bonnie, her son, and Doug are the nicest folks around. Love watching the Kuka robots in action.

Used 3 superchargers on the way home, about 20-30 mins at Harris ranch to get the battery from 70ish to 185 miles. The again at tejon ranch from 60ish to 230 miles in less than an hour. Final full range charge at Space X for about an hour since my 240v outlet has not yet been installed.

Love, absolutely love the car and the superchargers. Where else can you charge at 200+ miles per hour refill.

Thanks for allowing all of us to tag along and share in your delivery. I'm glad your drive home was uneventful. :)

Beautiful car!