Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What. I'm more of an S guy myself but Musk is seen exclusively in a Model X when he's traveling around the world. Plus it's the vehicle of choice for SpaceX when flying astronauts.

Model X isn't for you if you want a large or cheaper SUV.
That's a fair point. I guess I'm biased by seeing him in the US in an S at things like the Texas factory tour.

But I still question it long term. If they introduce a bigger SUV for ~55-60k (and I really do think this makes sense... sooner rather than later), who keeps buying the X?

Page 6 of their earnings summary : S/X production in Q1 = 0, not one, 16 to 17k in previous 2 quarters. No surprise there I guess. LR/MSM/Aracnids, ordered 2/5, ETA July. Hoping for some pointed questions from analysts at 5.30pm EST but guessing there will be a lack of further info re actual delivery time frame.

Page 6 of their earnings summary : S/X production in Q1 = 0, not one, 16 to 17k in previous 2 quarters. No surprise there I guess. LR/MSM/Aracnids, ordered 2/5, ETA July. Hoping for some pointed questions from analysts at 5.30pm EST but guessing there will be a lack of further info re actual delivery time frame.
To add, it suggests that production capacity is 100k S/X per year and status is in ‘production’ opposed to ‘in development.’