Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S, Creep mode, gear selection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Wife traded her 2014 Model S for a 2014 Model S. Tesla transferred the free supercharging from the 14 to the 24 and there is a new supercharger only a few miles from our house so that, with the additional charge capacity has worked out very well.

Selecting a gear on the touch screen is an annoyance. There is a gear selector on the console that would be much better but it does not present itself regularly. Is there a way to make that gear selector available at all times?? Dealer is no help.

The 14 had a selectable 'creep' mode but I do not find it in the 24. How do I select that?

Thanks. Eric

To answer your questions, - essentially no (to the gear selection). You can click in both scroll wheels temporarily to being up the gear selector around the charging pads, but my suggestion for your wife is to get used to the on-screen selector because that's how it was designed. The buttons on the console are there if the screen malfunctions in some way (either screen itself or CPU crash etc).

And secondly, there is no more selectable "creep" mode, and again - get used to "Hold" mode - which is the way it should be (once you get used to it, everything else seems wrong). There's no other option, so you might as well get used to it.