Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2023 Warped Blurry Vision Windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery June 2023 Model S Long Range. Warped windshield. Got that replaced with the same issue, Got that one replaced with the same issue. Went to another dealer in VA and got that one replaced with the same issue. Tesla has a MAJOR problem from their manufacturer. Waiting on having the car completely replaced since I can't drive without going crazy losing focus and not seeing signs clearly. Anyone else having this?

Windshields are unnecessary on a car that will drive itself...eventually, maybe. Seriously, my rear window is slightly warped, but the others are ok. It's not completely unique to Tesla, though. My F-type has a slightly warped windshield near the corner on the passenger side.

Upvote 0
My MS LR was horrendous. I didn't realize how bad it was until I put tint on it. I thought it was the tint at first and then had it peeled off. I then couldn't un see the issue. OMFG it drove me crazy. Had it replaced, and it was worse. Finally sold that car and no issues with this one. At least the front glass anyway. The rear window has a bit of distortion but in a small area and it doesn't bother me near as much.

My first windshield was almost like a funhouse mirror. The distortion in some areas was how I'd envision a trip on LSD would be. Somehow Tesla cranked the distortion to 11 on the second one. I forgot how bad it was until I read this thread.

Upvote 0
'22 LR Windshield has some distortion in the lower middle. Driving, it doesn't bother me much. Sitting shotgun, it was bad. The rear window is crazy bad. It makes all cars behind me look like they gave wide body kits and are lowered.

I'll wait until the new steering yoke is available, and get all at the same time.... hopefully. It would be nice to inspect the glass before install.

Upvote 0
My MS LR was horrendous. I didn't realize how bad it was until I put tint on it. I thought it was the tint at first and then had it peeled off. I then couldn't un see the issue. OMFG it drove me crazy. Had it replaced, and it was worse. Finally sold that car and no issues with this one. At least the front glass anyway. The rear window has a bit of distortion but in a small area and it doesn't bother me near as much.

My first windshield was almost like a funhouse mirror. The distortion in some areas was how I'd envision a trip on LSD would be. Somehow Tesla cranked the distortion to 11 on the second one. I forgot how bad it was until I read this thread.

You must live in fear of a cracked windshield.

Upvote 0
I have an amazing 3rd party glass guy, so I tried calling him to get me a good windshield. He told me all the installers have to go to Tesla for the windshields. Shades of an Apple wannabe?

I would have to imagine that the worst of the worst windshields Tesla has in stock is what they sell to the 3rd party installers.
A windshield for a Tesla without distortion just should not be this hard.

Upvote 0
I have an amazing 3rd party glass guy, so I tried calling him to get me a good windshield. He told me all the installers have to go to Tesla for the windshields. Shades of an Apple wannabe?

I would have to imagine that the worst of the worst windshields Tesla has in stock is what they sell to the 3rd party installers.
Just not a big enough market for the clones yet.

Upvote 0
A windshield for a Tesla without distortion just should not be this hard.

Yep, there are automated systems for quality checking windshields for distortion, and the distortion is caused during manufacturing by a company that has absolutely no clue what they are doing.

So, yeah, Tesla could easily buy windshields from a quality manufacturer and quality check them before installed, if they cared even one tiny little bit about the customers of their flagship products.

Upvote 0