Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: the true S killer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude. Doing the correct comparison shows your error in thinking: Comparing BMW 7 to Model S and BMW X6 will be correct, but not Model 3 to BMW 3 series. BMW doesn't own a lower level manufacturer but to give a parallell example say the S and X are comparable to what Lexus makes, then Model 3 will be comparable to what Toyta makes.

You seem to know what Tesla will make better than they do, since they have repeatedly said the Model 3 will compete with the BMW 3 series and Audi A4. I'm sure you are right and Tesla is totally confused about the car they are about to reveal.

Dude. Doing the correct comparison shows your error in thinking: Comparing BMW 7 to Model S and BMW X6 will be correct, but not Model 3 to BMW 3 series. BMW doesn't own a lower level manufacturer but to give a parallell example say the S and X are comparable to what Lexus makes, then Model 3 will be comparable to what Toyta makes.

For Gods sake don't say something Red Sage doesn't like, he'll act superior.
Apparently he hasn't learned other people can have their own opinions that differ from his.
Cue the name calling and/or superiority complex from RS.

For Gods sake don't say something Red Sage doesn't like, he'll act superior.
Apparently he hasn't learned other people can have their own opinions that differ from his.
Cue the name calling and/or superiority complex from RS.
Interesting characterization. For the record? The only person I believe I can ever be 'better than' is myself.

As for what Johan wrote... It is directly opposite to what Tesla Motors and Elon Musk have said for more than three years. The Model ≡ will be a direct competitor to the BMW 3-Series. That is intentional, that is by design, that is what will happen.

You may agree with Johan if you like. Given the evidence? I will not agree with him.

Again, he never said that the base model 3 will have 200 miles. That's the only I was asking.

Do I think it will? Yes. But if it doesn't, Tesla has an easy out "we said 200 real world miles, we never said with the base battery"

Wrong. They have said - time and time again - that the Model 3 will have *at least* 200 real world miles of range. That is "no less then" - even with base battery.

Woops, I see the quote in the article now.

"Tesla's choice of Nevada over California, Texas, Arizona and New Mexico takes it a big step closer to mass producing an electric car that costs around $35,000 and can go 200 miles on a single charge."

1. Gigafactory will bring cheaper batteries.
2. Cheaper batteries means Model ≡ can be made affordable.
3. The "trickle up" effect means the luxury Model S gets the cheaper batteries, which allows Tesla to start putting in much more luxurious and higher margin stuff.

You'll be able to choose standard/large battery, standard/luxury experience, and standard/high-performance experience. There will be plenty of people that pick the standard/standard/standard config, but more options mean more margin opportunities for TSLA.

As an original owner of a 2013 Model S, I don't care about depreciation. Tesla is doing all they can to keep the CPO inventory low which keeps the demand/prices high. I didn't buy this car to resell. It's a 10+ year car for my family. Plenty of other people might worry about residual value, but it's not wise to buy a new car as an investment ;)

Precisely my thinking. I see nothing to fear from the Model III.