Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly this. Also for all of us that have kids, being able to use that massive screen for entertainment as we wait to pick them up or for those who have spouses, would be great to be able to wait in the car as they shop and we watch a movie with the Model 3 surround sound and AC on. Hardware is already there so why not!

Maybe on Wifi, but couldn't see them wanting people to stream movies on Netflix over the car's data connection.

Maybe on Wifi, but couldn't see them wanting people to stream movies on Netflix over the car's data connection.

I wouldn't mind teathering my Model 3 off my phone for Netflix movies. I have unlimited data..

I wouldn't even need the cars GSM data.

Hmmm....I wonder if the cars browser would patch itself over to a wifi connection or is it married to the cars GSM data connection.

Looks like I have an experiment to do at lunch time.

I wouldn't mind tethering my Model 3 off my phone for Netflix movies. I have unlimited data..

Hmmm....I wonder if the cars browser would patch itself over to a wifi connection or is it married to the cars GSM data connection.

I wouldn't mind tethering my Model 3 off my phone for Netflix movies. I have unlimited data..

Updated my LeMR and now I’m on 2018.50.5 c9323af. Interestingly I “gained” about 4 miles range immediately after the update and I wasn’t charging. Maybe the battery simply recalculated or maybe it’s because they “raised” the LeMR range to 264 and now the battery calculates differently?

• Informative
Reactions: emorog
After getting a new wifi set up at home a couple weeks ago (that can reach my car outside) I finally went from 44 to 50.5 last night. The fart machine works and I got try it out on someone already. Can't wait for the Y chromosomes in the house to get in the car next. :D. I guess I should check out the 'real' changes too...

What version has passcode?
Sorry, I called it a passcode. It is “pin to drive”. It’s been available since....mmm, don’t remember. But, I use it in lieu of worrying about locking. I don’t store anything in the car and maybe (just maybe) it will save a broken out window someday.

Attachments

• 9655014B-A410-4645-8A48-10D6BF9319BC.jpeg
    9655014B-A410-4645-8A48-10D6BF9319BC.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 122CC980-ADC9-4E93-97E0-13F7512262CE.jpeg
    122CC980-ADC9-4E93-97E0-13F7512262CE.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 56
Sorry, I called it a passcode. It is “pin to drive”. It’s been available since....mmm, don’t remember. But, I use it in lieu of worrying about locking. I don’t store anything in the car and maybe (just maybe) it will save a broken out window someday.
Cool, I'll check it out once I get home. I think it's a pretty neat feature.

Do you think people would try the door to see if it'll open before smashing the window?

I'm tempted to put my back seat down to prevent my windows from being smashed, but I'm not sure people would look inside first before smashing.

Cool, I'll check it out once I get home. I think it's a pretty neat feature.

Do you think people would try the door to see if it'll open before smashing the window?

I'm tempted to put my back seat down to prevent my windows from being smashed, but I'm not sure people would look inside first before smashing.

Thieves trying the door before smashing window? My (non-thief) guess is that that is what I would do first to try and avoid detection. If locked, then I’d resort to breaking in.

Back seat down? I’ve done (and on occasion continue to do) that as well. I’m hoping that they are browsing cars for content. When they see no content, they leave. When they see a closed compartment, it begs their curiosity and this a broken window.

That’s my two cents worth.