Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoCal delivery updated to May 14-June 11. April 23rd order date. Of course we have a three week camping trip starting mid-June so wife wants to delay delivery until early July. Assuming Tesla will hold our place in line? It's been 6 years since picking up our 2018 M3 so I'm a bit foggy on the delivery rules.

Our beloved red M3 is looking better than new after a full 2 stage paint correction in prep for selling. CarMax offered 23k. The aftermarket 19 wheels and Eibach springs really make it stand out in a sea of M3s here in Orange County. Low 41k miles helps the value as well. Going to try private party first. Any suggestions?
Whilst you can't really delay delivery you can put your order on hold.

I'm sure you can de-badge it and throw a toyota badge on the front/back to feel better about the car. I am buying this car because of the performance and value, not because of someone's political agenda or business tactics. If you dig deep enough in any company, organization, or business, you're going to find stuff you disagree with. At least with Tesla, the cars they are making are dang good as of late.

LOL oh the good old days of debadging. I was tempted for longest time to take off the Dual Motor and just leave the red underline, thought it would look nice, but never got around to it. I'm not a head burying in the sand type. If I do something, I prefer to own that decision, even if it's conflicted. No reason to take badges off.

How do you feel about Volkswagens
Well there are a lot of rabbit holes I could go down there :p. Lets say I think they lost their mojo 15 years back and that is biting them in the butt. They make some decent cars, but the Dieselgate scandal was reprehensible. I think many heads rolled that needed to and they were punished for it. Was it enough, that's a debate for another thread. Would I buy a VW at this point if they were competitive for what I wanted, sure.

Here's the thing about Tesla, everyone will bash the company for their success especially since they have been "bailed out" by the government but will forget Ford was bailed out as well. You hear stories about Teslas going on fire because who is going to watch the news or read about a Toyota Camry going on fire? Yes Musk may have some questionable actions but I would never bet against him. He has the power to bomb their stock prices 10% or more over a tweet and I could bet you he is buying more stock at that time. Trucks hate Teslas and will coal roll us any chance they get or people will key the car for what their naive perception of the brand is, not knowing or caring Tesla is MADE IN AMERICA!
Oh gosh yes. I've been around the Tesla-verse a long time and it is amazing the misinformation/disinformation campaigns around the organization. There is so much FUD and that is why my wife and I take every opportunity we can to talk about EVs, specifically Tesla, to others. We were at an EV event this weekend and gave test drives to people. Its amazing to me that very few people even realize Tesla is an American brand, let alone the most American-made brand.

Like what?

We can discuss further in another thread or feel free to DM me on it; I was not trying to derail the excitement of this thread or turn it into a big rabbithole. "Conscious" was probably too strong of a word to use, but I was running out the door and its what fit that second. I was sharing some conflicted feelings I had based on ongoing and recent leadership/corporate decisions and thought others may feel them too. In the end, I think I will go through with the purchase, as this car really looks world-class.

Theories:
They are prioritizing people who've bought more Teslas, this will be my fifth.
They are prioritizing British people.
It's just the monkey.
I think there's been some reasonably good evidence they do prioritize repeat customers for earlier deliveries. In the early days of Model 3, they 100% did, even announced that those with Model S/X previously could jump the queue and get a 3 quickly.
Personal opinion: It's the monkey.

My EDD still holding as May 4-18. No VIN. And yes, today's the 4th. I blame the Monkey for that level of improbability!

Mine was just updated. Delivery location Las Vegas. Looks like I am still the only blue one in here.
IMG_1666.jpeg

The MYP can now be ordered in quicksilver. My Tesla insider tells me it will probably be offered for the M3P soon too. However, if I were to edit my order, I'd get charged the new price, effectively making the quicksilver paint 3k (if/when it's available). I would've ordered it for 2k, but not 3.

I figured this would be worth sharing for those of you willing to hold out for that quicksilver.
Have you tried the edit? I can edit my order and keep the original base price (red/black qualifies for tax credit), it also keeps white at $1,500 instead of the $1k new price.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
Can everyone put their delivery city in their post? I honestly think location has more to do with your EDD than anything.

Shipping these cars takes time. They want to sell as many of them as possible and as quickly as possible.

Why would you ship one all the way across the country when you have an order for the exact same car right next to the plant or at the very least in the same state?

I think they will ship a large percentage of the first cars to California, Washington, Oregon, and Nevada and then start working their way across the country.

Does anyone in California have an EDD that is equal to or later than 5-28 through June 30?