Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model s plaid never had white seats before? i’m confused on how this may be the cause of the delay, unless the seats are similar.
Missing info: The plaid had regular white seats/interior before. The model 3 (performance/ludicrous/…) was announced with a new bucket seat, and while this got delayed, the model s plaid received a refresh with the bucket seat style. So not priority on the white, but the bucket style seating yes. My apologies as I did jump the gun on assumption of the bucket seat.

Tesla made me sign something saying they'd likely not get my plates and registration until after my temps expire.
Got my registration and plates in 2 weeks from pickup. Great news right? Wrong.
They registered the car to the wrong names and the wrong address.
(my long dead father with a similar name but not the same, didnt have my wifes name even though shes on the loan, registration, and insurance, and an address that I never lived at)
Yet somehow had it shipped to the correct address?

Naturally, no one answers phones at the location I picked up. Springfield NJ. Someone at the national # seemed to care but couldnt help and said he would get someone from Springfield to call me the next day. Never happened. Still trying to get anyone at Tesla to address the issue.

Reactions: LobsterLover
Tesla made me sign something saying they'd likely not get my plates and registration until after my temps expire.
Got my registration and plates in 2 weeks from pickup. Great news right? Wrong.
They registered the car to the wrong names and the wrong address.
(my long dead father with a similar name but not the same, didnt have my wifes name even though shes on the loan, registration, and insurance, and an address that I never lived at)
Yet somehow had it shipped to the correct address?

Naturally, no one answers phones at the location I picked up. Springfield NJ. Someone at the national # seemed to care but couldnt help and said he would get someone from Springfield to call me the next day. Never happened. Still trying to get anyone at Tesla to address the issue.
Yikes.

Is there that much of a difference between the cars made in China and the cars made in Fremont that they couldn't ship a boatload of white interiors to the US until Fremont gets up to speed? They send cars from China to Canada. And it sounds like China can use the work instead of cutting work shifts. It's not like we will lose the federal tax rebate.......

Reactions: Whitezoid and jiren
Is there that much of a difference between the cars made in China and the cars made in Fremont that they couldn't ship a boatload of white interiors to the US until Fremont gets up to speed? They send cars from China to Canada. And it sounds like China can use the work instead of cutting work shifts. It's not like we will lose the federal tax rebate.......
i don’t think there is any difference other than i hear the build quality is better. i’ve suggested a few times that they send us the shanghai models. but that fall on deaf ears here as we can’t do anything to make that happen.

There are tariffs on chinese imported cars that are significant in the US. This is why you dont see Shanghai built cars in the US or other major EV makers like BYD in the US. To be honest, no matter how much I liked white seats, I would rather have black seats any day of the week versus buying a chinese-made car.

I’ve been obsessing about this car since last April 2023,,, took me a few months
And 3 times renting Teslas just to try to convince my wife. This is a perfect car for us,, I have prosthetic legs and I love the one pedal driving.. and like 20 other reasons why I love the car…. still not in love with it she’s coming around… so I order it January 10th .. sold my Mercedes S class beginning of February
Thinking me and my wife could use our mercedes ml for a couple weeks,,, and then well, one week after that, her brakes went out. needs complete brake job all components are rusted out and repair cost what bluebook value is for the vehicle… so now I’m borrowing families vehicles every day to get me my wife and my son places they need to go… and I keep telling her couple more weeks couple more weeks for the last five months.. starting to cause problems in my life she wants me to cancel this whole ordeal and move on when we have a closet full of Tesla accessories and a new charger installed in our garage it’s becoming real tense between my family because of this damn delay… at this point I’m fine with getting the black seats even though I’m not ok with it but I don’t know what else to do but I don’t even think I’ll get it that much sooner than if I just hold out for a little longer for the white interior….

sorry for the long post just needed to share..
thanks, everybody..
coming to this form daily Hell hourly has been the only thing keeping me going.lol

I’ve been obsessing about this car since last April 2023,,, took me a few months
And 3 times renting Teslas just to try to convince my wife. This is a perfect car for us,, I have prosthetic legs and I love the one pedal driving.. and like 20 other reasons why I love the car…. still not in love with it she’s coming around… so I order it January 10th .. sold my Mercedes S class beginning of February
Thinking me and my wife could use our mercedes ml for a couple weeks,,, and then well, one week after that, her brakes went out. needs complete brake job all components are rusted out and repair cost what bluebook value is for the vehicle… so now I’m borrowing families vehicles every day to get me my wife and my son places they need to go… and I keep telling her couple more weeks couple more weeks for the last five months.. starting to cause problems in my life she wants me to cancel this whole ordeal and move on when we have a closet full of Tesla accessories and a new charger installed in our garage it’s becoming real tense between my family because of this damn delay… at this point I’m fine with getting the black seats even though I’m not ok with it but I don’t know what else to do but I don’t even think I’ll get it that much sooner than if I just hold out for a little longer for the white interior….

sorry for the long post just needed to share..
thanks, everybody..
coming to this form daily Hell hourly has been the only thing keeping me going.lol
I switched from the white to black seats because of the very long delay. Had an M3 with white seats for 3 years and really liked them so did not want the black seats.
However, I am now fine with the black seats- the new seats are extraordinary and extremely comfortable and look pretty sharp with the red exterior.

I switched to black seats a week ago and I’m still waiting for an update😞 EDD still says June 13-30 from when I had white interior on my order. I asked on the app and they said they have no visibility into orders and I should just keep checking the app. In person showroom was surprised I’ve been waiting so long, and said there are no blue LR available.

I ordered 1/10 and this wait is unbearable 😭

See that’s why I don’t wanna switch to Black feels like we’ve waited so long that now we’ll have to wait regardless the same amount of time for white or black interior at this point
Yeah that is true😭 maybe I’ll just switch back if the wait is still long for black. It seemed like folks that switched to black from white had a quick turn around time. I probably have to wait because I ordered LR