Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mitsubishi Motors i MiEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The i-MiEV can be bought in Norway now for NOK 239900 (USD 38694). Due to heavy Norwegian EV incentives and taxation of fossil fueled cars, this is very competitive and less than anyone expected. They have sold 220 of them in two and a half weeks.

For comparison, Toyota was the highest selling brand in August with 1529 cars sold.

Last edited:
This may be worth it's own thread or go into industrial EVs.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubishi-i-miev-cargo.html

Cargo MIEV

mitsu-i-miev-cargo-1_620.jpg

TexxEnergy (Switzerland) is planning to place new Versions of their charging stations featuring also 63 A Tesla connectors at important motorway locations. The first station is planned for Gunzgen A1, opening May 2011.
Specs planned:

2 x 32A 230V (IMiev)
2 x 16A 230V (CEE)
2 x 63A 230V (Tesla)
2 x 32A 400V (CEE)
4 x 16A 230V (CEE)

The stations include plenty of software and server connections for services, including billing and maintenance. Their construction is essentially modular and can accommodate a wide range of services. Some station will include their own storage, permitting very fast charges and benefits from off-peak electricity recharging.

Further info from:
T e x x E n e r g y A G
Koordination Office
Technopark D4 Platz4
CH-6039 R o o t
tel. +41 (41) 3422424
nat +41 (76) 3682525
[email protected]
www.texxenergy.ch

I had forgotten that the iMiev had it's own charging connector (other than the high power TEPCO one). Haven't they updated to one of the emerging standards?

2012-mitsubishi-i-miev-plug.jpg

Last edited:
I had forgotten that the iMiev had it's own charging connector (other than the high power TEPCO one).
Haven't they updated to one of the emerging standards?

Some indication that the recently updated version may have switched to J1772:
http://www.cleanfleetreport.com/ele...les/mitsubishi-imiev-electric-car-test-drive/
  • Charge Time
    • 6 to 7 hours with J1772 (220v / 15 amp)
    • 80% in 30 min (2012 = 18 min) with Fast Charger (Level 3 200v / 50kW TEPCO)

http://www.cars.com/go/features/aut..._mitsubishi_imiev&make=Mitsubishi&model=iMiEV
2012_mitsubishi_i_miev_15_430.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Boxwell had a new one recently and tweeted about it. Says it's improved from earlier release. He had one for a year, now he's just gotten a Tata Indica.

"@MikeBoxwell The latest #Mitsubishi i-MiEV #electriccar has improved ride and handling, better sound proofing and minor tweeks over pre-launch cars."

"...The pre-release #Mitsubishi i-MiEV's were good, this is much better again. Even quieter, smoother and easier to drive."

"Results from my first #Mitsubishi i-MiEV economy run - I'm using almost 20% less electricity on an urban run than I was on the 2010 version."

"Just worked out that we travelled 100 miles in the Mitsubishi i-MiEV #electriccar on Thursday. Did 111 miles yesterday in the TATA. Not bad."

Police chiefs were trialling the use of the £30,000 Mitsubishi I-Miev, but have ruled they have no future because they would need recharging half-way through a pursuit.
Um, yeah... you'd be an idiot to use this car in a pursuit. (That's what your radio's for.) Seems to me there are plenty of police functions for which this car would be adequate. Certainly the better choice when idling in the donut shop parking lot.

Seems to me there are plenty of police functions for which this car would be adequate. Certainly the better choice when idling in the donut shop parking lot.

I think that 100 miles per day is too few for a police vehicle - it's easy to end up with to few miles to respond to a call at the end of the day. A battery-swap system would work well for the police - they work in a reasonably confined area and will often return to the same places, even if only briefly.