Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And one expensive debacle like that one in Issaquah, WA, would make the whole Supercharger team very conservative in starting construction of any future Superchargers until every duck is absolutely lined up perfectly. It probably slowed down every subsequent Supercharger build. And I, for one, could understand that. What regional head of Supercharger build out wants their head on the chopping block for an expensive reversal like that, especially when Elon Musk himself has made big announcements about being much more agressive in controlling costs.

And one expensive debacle like that one in Issaquah, WA, would make the whole Supercharger team very conservative in starting construction of any future Superchargers until every duck is absolutely lined up perfectly. It probably slowed down every subsequent Supercharger build.

They had already had another completely undone by legal action a few years ago, after it was ready for commissioning. Greenville, AL, maybe.

The chain building is just more obvious now.

Anyone have a guess if we’re going to get v3 superchargers along the trans canada? It would would be worth a few months extra wait if existing ones aren’t easily upgrade able.
Not for a while I’d guess. As I recall the announcement won’t be for at least a few months, and then roll out will take a while to get going in the US.

I’m hopeful that the v3 can be added to existing locations, even if it may not be able to replace the existing v2’s without a fair amount of work.
It’ll all depend on the wiring/power loads I think.

Don’t if this is brand new, but Winnipeg got moved back to 2018!

Attachments

• F2F81504-A988-45F7-9C08-D8F67AD7BB6B.jpeg
    F2F81504-A988-45F7-9C08-D8F67AD7BB6B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 94
Do you have a link to the article?

What do you mean that "Tesla doesn't like to put Superchargers on islands"? Montreal, Manhattan, Long Island and Hong Kong are all islands.

I think RiverBrick used the world island figuratively, not literally. A supercharger is on an island when you cannot reach other superchargers from it without charging outside the supercharger network. An isolated group of supercharger can also be considered an island, for example the superchargers in Texas were an island in 2014.

Reactions: RiverBrick
I'd be shocked if the Trans-Canada highway doesn't have superchargers from Vancouver to Quebec by next August. I know for certain that Regina to Kenora will be filled in by this fall, leaving only Calgary to Regina and Kenora to Sudbury left up in the air to complete the route.

Calgary to Regina is pretty necessary, however the NW Ontario portion from Kenora to Sudbury can be bypassed by going through the States (Minneapolis => Chicago => Detroit).

We are planning a trip in our tesla across the trans Canadian highway next August. It is our 50th wedding anniversary. I can see we can make it even with out the superchargers, but what do you guys think will happen by next August?
Provided the Prairies get a little better coverage, and you have access to a Chademo adapter, it should be smooth sailing.

How do you know that for sure ... just wondering

I have it on good authority from employees of the companies that own the land they're being built on. Tesla reps have been at the sites several times in the last few months and the deals are apparently done. One of the companies has already released timelines and locations to the local media.

I'll be driving the route from Winnipeg to Regina at the end of the month, I'll try and snap some pictures if the construction is already underway at that point.

Reactions: mazeminder
I have it on good authority from employees of the companies that own the land they're being built on. Tesla reps have been at the sites several times in the last few months and the deals are apparently done. One of the companies has already released timelines and locations to the local media.
Did we already see it (Shindico) or is this something else?

How does a person go about finding these permits? Thru the electrical company or thru the municipality?
It was added along the Mississauga, Brockville, and Salmon Arm Superchargers as released by the local Newspaper of Owen Sound. I would believe that is where the info was taken. However, for the odd removal of the Regina location, it was probably a local who, either A: never found any permits on the web, or B: thought it made no sense.
9DF661F1-917D-4468-8743-6D9A52EC925E.jpeg