Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a display from the PDF document. I put two locations which would be most likely to have the Supercharger (though it doesn’t matter) based on the sketches (1st is most likely IMHO) GREEN - LIGHTPOST — RED - HYDRO POLE
AE2DA154-31CF-4D1A-8D40-A7FFF5C005C2.png
ED2FFD6D-0001-4942-9EC2-6742DA811313.jpeg
33C93DEB-A9C4-4074-9487-705EB50E8D94.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Whisky
Me who thought the Nipigon Supercharger would be at the Beaver Motel, nope!
Just found a permit for the Nipigon Supercharger in a town meeting from February 6th. The Supercharger will be located at the tourist information centre in Nipigon, (453 Trans-Canada Hwy, Nipigon, ON P0T 2J0).

Here is the link to the document (Tesla mentioned in PUBLIC WORKS section):
https://nipigon.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/feb-6.pdf

I’ll call on @BlueShift for this to be placed on supercharge info. Though I don’t have the number of stalls, I would take six as we’ve seen at the other Supercharger in Terrace Bay.

A photo of the public works section of the document for those who want it:
064AD4A4-8140-44A2-9780-4CEEA300AE22.jpeg

I’ll call on @BlueShift for this to be placed on supercharge info. Though I don’t have the number of stalls, I would take six as we’ve seen at the other Supercharger in Terrace Bay.

Looks reasonable!

Surprised it isn't in the town itself, looking at Google Maps there isn't a whole lot around the Tourist Info Centre so far as food/drinks go. Mostly hotels.

Funny that this is months old.. I wonder how many supercharger sites in this region have been pre-permitted by Tesla, and either not looked for by anyone, or not publicised by the council because Tesla asked for it to be commercial-in-confidence? I expect Tesla want to get an entire route permitted and then build it all at once, like they are doing with North Dakota (and Alexandria, MN)

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Funny that this is months old.. I wonder how many supercharger sites in this region have been pre-permitted by Tesla, and either not looked for by anyone, or not publicised by the council because Tesla asked for it to be commercial-in-confidence? I expect Tesla want to get an entire route permitted and then build it all at once, like they are doing with North Dakota (and Alexandria, MN)
If you want some more I did a search for Blind River and found a council meeting from September 2017, where there was a discussion about a Blind River Supercharger, however there was no extra details at to where and when the Supercharger would be. Document link:
http://blindriver.ca/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=10036418

A2B60405-3632-499D-84F0-F08624C05929.jpeg
A664014C-20CF-4766-9A73-220EC7FA265B.jpeg

I am on fire! Here’s another one in Ignace Ontario. This one will be located at 304 Main St, Ignace ON . This is a bit like the one in Terrace Bay, but the date is set to April 15th. Six stalls. @BlueShift
View attachment 356265
Link to the 102 page document (if necessary)
https://www.ignace.ca/images/Revised_Final_Draft_CIP_-_Township_of_Ignace_-_June_2018_-_Reduced.pdf

Well if that one isn't open yet, and Tesla hasn't gotten an extension, they are past the deadline for that site and would likely need to start all over, or even find a different site.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Perhaps some of you Ontarians could be kind enough to go scout the Soo, Wawa, Dryden and Kenora for signs of construction!!
All we need is SpC's in Sault Ste Marie and Wawa and it would be drive-able from Sudbury to Winnipeg - oh, and they actually have to build the Permit sites. Another couple in Medicine Hat and Swift Current and we could drive from Nova Scotia to Vancouver! Looking forward to it - maybe in 2019?

Just as a general word of caution, there will be plenty of sites which get to that point--i.e. various committees/councils discussing them as possibilities and opening discussions/negotiations with Tesla--which won't ever actually eventuate on the ground for one reason or another.

Just as a general word of caution, there will be plenty of sites which get to that point--i.e. various committees/councils discussing them as possibilities and opening discussions/negotiations with Tesla--which won't ever actually eventuate on the ground for one reason or another.
By which you mean all of them?

By which you mean all of them?

Still by town/city to town/city:

Renfrew, ON
394km (North Bay, ON)
Sudbury, ON
785km (Sault Ste Marie, ON; Wawa, ON;?)
Terrace Bay, ON
105km
Nipigon, ON
340km
Ignace, ON
349km
Prawda, MB
108km
Winnipeg, MB

Not sure how they'll fill the gaps between some of those, but if they have agreements in all of those places, it's a good chunk done.

Some obvious gap fillers will be Thunder Bay and Kenora. There aren't many significant cities on the stretch between Sudbury and Winnipeg. Basically just the Soo, TB and Kenora, so I'm sure all 3 will end up with superchargers. In between it'll mostly be what I call "frontier supercharging," where you are just elated if there is a Tim Horton's within walking distance.

Reactions: JSergeant
All these north-of-Superior superchargers are great news! Maybe Tesla will actually get the Trans-Canada covered by the end of 2017 as promised!!! Um.. wait...
There isn't a ton of news here. These were all announced over a year ago and have been on the Tesla SuperCharger map for a long time. The only news is that they have applied for, and perhaps received, permits in some of the towns - although they may have to reapply as the sites may not have been built before some deadlines. I wonder if there are issues with the distribution grid being large enough at some of the proposed sites, or whether Hydro One might have to install some additional equipment.