Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someon e explain what this mode does, that we don't have?!
"Camp mode (keep everything in the car on while in park such as climate, music, lighting, etc)"
We can do all of these things while in park already and we also have climate on while the car is off. I don't get it, really, this is useless. I think the only thing that didn't work before is control the climate on manually - it just turned to auto. If that is fixed ok, but anything else - we already have.

Mine shuts off after a bit of time, maybe 10~20 minutes or so (never really timed it), unless dog mode is on, but then there is no music and the screen is locked.

I was cleaning the inside of the car this weekend and then let the heater go to warm up the garage a bit and listen to music while doing some work around it and i had to close a door and open it again every so often to turn it back on, even with it plugged into a TWC.

Honestly it's been somewhat embarrassing the car didn't come with this stuff day 1, but better late than never

I agree with you on this one,@Knightshade

The thing is, I felt that they would eventually get here with this, and I wouldnt have to buy a new car to get it (like I would, if I wanted my wifes 2019 BMW X3 to get android auto, which is announced.... starting in the 2020 model year).

Now, if we could only get tesla to give us, something fantastically amazing, like, oh, I dont know.... navigation waypoints? /e ducks :D

If that can't be done in Stardew Valley, something has gone horribly wrong. It's a very moreish, yet also bite-sized game. An in-game day takes a few short minutes; every day that passes updates your save file automagically. So it's very easy to get in a "just one more day" cycle and suddenly it's tomorrow and you're late for work and haven't slept.

My wife loves these type of games (stardew, harvest moon). She actually has "finished" both the latest stardew valley and harvest moon (by finish I mean grown at least 1 of everything, etc).

I don’t think it’s embarrassing. It clearly wasn’t necessary until FSD is close to a release of sorts.

uh... what?

FSD has nothing at all to do with being able to read/send texts or use voice for basic car functions.

Lack of those is embarrassing as hell for a high tech car when cheap fords and Kias can do some of that crap and have done for years now.

It will interesting to see if the words "stop" are always aligned with the stop sign or the actual stopping point which could be 10-15 feet past the stop sign?

I'm curious if it's actually "reading" stop signs- or still relying on google maps and such for sign locations as the folks kept reporting on the "you're about to blow a sign" warning tests.

Even more relevantly- how bout reading SPEED signs.

It will interesting to see if the words "stop" are always aligned with the stop sign or the actual stopping point which could be 10-15 feet past the stop sign?
Seems likely the visualization will be where Autopilot detects the stop line. I can consistently trigger a warning at a stop sign with a diagonal cross street with a line that isn't directly extended from the sign, and even going slowly at 1mph, it shows the warning only when it would pass the line and not just passing the sign. This is with HW2.5.

It's not too different from traffic light and stop line detection where the two are more likely not aligned and need to be detected separately.

Right... so does anyone have a link to a list?
I think it'd be nice to actually have an official definitive list, not a YouTube video of "welp here's all the commands we found when faffing around with it for an hour". You know, the sort of thing that in a better timeline would actually be in the manual.
Best list I could find of the current voice commands is from TEG who has posted a few times :) like over 20k times! So hopefully TEG will update the list when the update comes out.
Known working voice commands?

Last edited:
Reactions: MentalNomad
uh... what?

FSD has nothing at all to do with being able to read/send texts or use voice for basic car functions.

Lack of those is embarrassing as hell for a high tech car when cheap fords and Kias can do some of that crap and have done for years now.

I'm curious if it's actually "reading" stop signs- or still relying on google maps and such for sign locations as the folks kept reporting on the "you're about to blow a sign" warning tests.

Even more relevantly- how bout reading SPEED signs.

I wasn’t referring to the texting part... obviously.

And reading speed signs I think there was some patent issues.

I wasn’t referring to the texting part... obviously.

and I was referring to the texting (and voice command) parts...just as obviously... (well, it was obvious before the original thread I was replying to specifically about the voice/phone stuff got merged into this one covering EVERYTHING in the update anyway...it's almost like there's a reason they shouldn't try and shove every post into a master thread or something)

The patent thing IIRC was speed limits specifically...

But Tesla has to find a way around that for FSD to ever work properly one way or another... doubly so if it also applies to stop signs.