Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MagBak wireless charger...a couple of questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone that has this have they tried it with a QuadLock mag case? I use quadlock in my truck and the case is too thick for the factory charging pad it seems. Before I go with more actual quadlock arms which don’t really fit the look of the interior I thought I’d ask.

For anyone that has this have they tried it with a QuadLock mag case? I use quadlock in my truck and the case is too thick for the factory charging pad it seems. Before I go with more actual quadlock arms which don’t really fit the look of the interior I thought I’d ask.
Describe what you are trying to solve?

For phone charging
I have a Magbak case on a iPhone 14 Pro Max and the MY and M3 wireless charger won’t charge it unless o remove the case.
I installed the Magbak his and hers display mount MagSafe mounts. They provide 10 watts of charging which is perfect.

Describe what you are trying to solve?

For phone charging
I have a Magbak case on a iPhone 14 Pro Max and the MY and M3 wireless charger won’t charge it unless o remove the case.
I installed the Magbak his and hers display mount MagSafe mounts. They provide 10 watts of charging which is perfect.
Charging + Having a mount in that general area without needing a different case. I like how the Magbak mount looks and attaches to the screen to have a seamless appearance like it belongs there. Rather than something like this, which is in my truck that looks out of place. Prefer not to have to switch cases when I get in the truck because the Quad Lock has been the only one that successfully holds the phone off roading.

The QuadLock case I have is magsafe compatible but the thickness of it can be an issue with some chargers (like the factory apple magsafe charger, and tesla factory Qi charger in the center console). I know the magbak mount in general is magsafe compatible just wasn't sure if the charging would be an issue.

1707095529346.png

Now I understand
I was going between a wrangler and the MY
Wrangler I did the ram mount arm and Belkin MagSafe wireless charging mount
MY as stated the Magbak display mounts
For the chase I had to switch to Magbak case in order to get the best magnet force

Belkin mount, the vent split finger thing comes off, the swivel is a amount
1707096661648.png

It’s been a long time so you will have to research the ram mount ball sizes and

I put the Belkin on the end of a version of thos
1707096812139.png

It’s a project but in the end it was great

Now I understand
I was going between a wrangler and the MY
Wrangler I did the ram mount arm and Belkin MagSafe wireless charging mount
MY as stated the Magbak display mounts
For the chase I had to switch to Magbak case in order to get the best magnet force

Belkin mount, the vent split finger thing comes off, the swivel is a amount

It’s been a long time so you will have to research the ram mount ball sizes and

I put the Belkin on the end of a version of thos

It’s a project but in the end it was great
Yeah I had the scosche magsafe mount in the GMC for a long time but any decent bump it would fall, which is why I switched to the quad lock. I'll just keep the quad lock case in the truck and swap it when I use the truck. Which has been less and less frequently lately 🤣. Primarily larger Home Depot runs and dump/recycle runs.

Really? That seems like quite a miss…there must be a lot of Tesla owners with iPhone Pros; does the charging coil of the pad not line up correctly with the phone?
max size, its well documented
its only 15 watts divided by 2 and not strong enough to penetrate a case for whatever reason
if its just the pro size, no max, it charges file
the magbak is 10 watts vs 7.5 watts for the pad
the magbak mount also puts the phone at eye level for waze which I am still addicted to going through high traffic areas

seems the latest Tesla code on the Tesla NAV is getting better vs Waze
I have a big trip coming up, driving through congested metro areas and will be interesting to see if they track more similar
I can see not using Waze long term as Tesla keeps improving their nav

wish Tesla would now just add the Sirius XM app to the vehicle

seems the latest Tesla code on the Tesla NAV is getting better vs Waze
I have a big trip coming up, driving through congested metro areas and will be interesting to see if they track more similar
I can see not using Waze long term as Tesla keeps improving their nav

wish Tesla would now just add the Sirius XM app to the vehicle
The only thing I miss from Waze is the reporting feature. Less about the cops because I'm already looking well ahead for them 🤣. But accidents and such are nice to haves. Could be something Tesla could easily integrate into their app. Would've been nice if they'd just partnered with Waze for some of that api functionality.