Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Biggest improvement Apple can make..the camera bump. It's getting out of hand. The charging pad I believe is Qi charging. Would be nice if one side of the pad was designed for MagSafe for a more secure connection. I've found that Qi is not ideal for charging MagSafe phones. I've got a Bullstrap leather MagSafe case on my 15 Pro and the screen does nothing but blink at me as it looses connection. So, I've got a nice sunglass pad, and a huge waste of space with this surprisingly useless piece of tech.

Tesla must have acknowledged the issue because when I was at the mall, I got to sit in the refreshed Model 3 and the Cybertruck. Both new models had a vastly superior wireless charger. My iPhone 14 Pro Max instantly charged in both vehicles, regardless of phone position. They might have improved the pads with more coils. The real question is if we will be able to retrofit the new charging pads to our cars.

Reactions: kpanda17
Tesla must have acknowledged the issue because when I was at the mall, I got to sit in the refreshed Model 3 and the Cybertruck. Both new models had a vastly superior wireless charger. My iPhone 14 Pro Max instantly charged in both vehicles, regardless of phone position. They might have improved the pads with more coils. The real question is if we will be able to retrofit the new charging pads to our cars.
they had to, the older chargers only allowed for non maxes to keep up
glad I have magbak to charge my max