Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a iPhone 15 pro and I'm curious if anyone has figured how to get it to work well with the wireless charging. I think the camera bumps mess things up a little bit. I think I've heard if you use a case it levels it out a bit and allows it to charge better, I've also heard if you put it on the charger upside down it helps to charge better as well. I don't put a case on my phone and I'm just curious of anyone else who goes caseless as figured out how to charge wirelessly.

Last night my wife's phone (she uses a case) went from 0 - 25% or so in about 20 minutes on the wireless charger which I thought was great. I have not been able to get my iPhone 15 Pro to charge at the same speed.

I have a Galaxy S22 with camera bumps on the back, too. I just make sure the phone is resting at the bottom of the wireless charging pad and it works fine. If you have something at the bottom of the charging pad such as chapstick, the phone will be out of position.

Kind of unrelated, but I also have a wireless charging pad in my house which I use often and it works really well.

My iphone 15 pro max sometimes will charge with the case on but usually not, does seem to have trouble connecting. I recently put in an alexa auto, so I plugged a charging cable into the other port in the car charger that connects the alexa auto, wire comes out from the middle console/armrest. I thought I wouldn't like it but I do, when anyone sits in the passenger seat I can throw the cable in the middle console if I'm not using it.

I have a iPhone 15 pro and I'm curious if anyone has figured how to get it to work well with the wireless charging. I think the camera bumps mess things up a little bit. I think I've heard if you use a case it levels it out a bit and allows it to charge better, I've also heard if you put it on the charger upside down it helps to charge better as well. I don't put a case on my phone and I'm just curious of anyone else who goes caseless as figured out how to charge wirelessly.

Last night my wife's phone (she uses a case) went from 0 - 25% or so in about 20 minutes on the wireless charger which I thought was great. I have not been able to get my iPhone 15 Pro to charge at the same speed.

I have not had any issues with a case

I have a 15 Pro Max as well, it charges without the case just fine. I now have a Spigen Magsafe case on it and it also charges without an issue. As someone else noted, anything on the bottom like a chapstick or coins, etc will keep the phone too far up for good inductive charging alignment.

Using the LaterCase aramid case for my iPhone 15 Pro along with the ESR MagSafe attachment. The car does a great job of heating my phone up to boiling while adding minimal amounts of power. I don't count on the wireless being able to add charge quickly, use the center console USB-C ports when I actually need to get juice.

Upside down is the only way that works for me. Most of the time. It still occasionally will get the message about he phone being too warm. In general I've found the iPhone 15 does not do well with wireless charging that isn't magsafe.

I came from a Pixel 7 Pro which charged perfectly fine in the Y.

I have a 15 Pro Max as well, it charges without the case just fine. I now have a Spigen Magsafe case on it and it also charges without an issue. As someone else noted, anything on the bottom like a chapstick or coins, etc will keep the phone too far up for good inductive charging alignment.
please give us the link to the spigen case you have as my Magbak case on the iphone 14 pro max prevents charging in the Tesla vehicle wireless charging pad