Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR vs Performance Insurance Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning,

I am in a dilemma right now. I have the M3 LR delivery date for this Monday the 12th. Ordered early last month.

Now I saw the Performance in Inventory for discounted prices. After looking at it, the price difference between Inventory Performance and Ordered Long Range is the same. Now obviously I want the better car for the same price if possible. I am willing to pay a little more even.

But the only thing holding me back from making the purchase is the possible insurance increase since the Performance is the 'sporty' version. I've been told by others that insurances don't care about Tesla trims but the model itself. Is this the case for you guys?

Do you think the price increase to be negligible enough to get the Performance?

Also, how have your inventory order speed? Has anyone gotten to pick up the next day? I already placed an order for the inventory Performance and assigned the VIN (I am aware I may lose the $250 deposit for either of the cars) just in case I do get the Performance.

Thanks in advance!

get the performance. I got a 2022 MYP and do not regret it. Insurance rates are similar to my new nissan leaf ($80 more every 6 months). Completely different cars.

If the brakes, suspension, wheels, acceleration are going to be things you'r going to try and upgrade later just spend the few bucks now. The M3LR is fast and a nice car so comes down to preference.