Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD(LFP) or Model Y LR IN US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dear all
I immediately placed an order for the RWD when it was launched in the United States because I believed it featured the LFP battery. For my daily commuting needs, it seemed to offer almost the same range as the LR. Unfortunately, it's now known that the U.S. version of the RWD does not use the LFP battery. I'm currently torn between the LR and RWD and need to make the purchase this year to qualify for the $7,500 tax credit. Considering my desire for the tax credit and seeking advice from LR and RWD owners, how is the driving experience with the LR? Is it worth the extra $5,000? Also, do you anticipate Tesla offering any price reductions for the LR due to inventory considerations?
thanks a lot.

I was also was considering the Y RWD when I thought it was LFP (it looked like a real bargain, from my POV). I lost all interest when we learned it was not LFP. For $5k more, I’ll take a lot more range, AWD, and much better performance

The all wheel drive and longer range were the most important considerations for us. As far as Tesla lowering prices again, well anything is possible but I wouldn’t count on it. We just bought ours a couple of weeks ago because I thought that was the best price we were going to get this year.