Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Insurance Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen GoSkippy before, typically cropping up at the desperate broker call stage :)

Often had quotes from them around £2,790 mark, so to get one that low seems a bargain to me.

QuoteZone offered really poor results this year too, the lowest I received was £1,267.10.

I ended up with £442 through Admiral, like many others.
I wonder if it’s because I have never used QZ before so like being treated as a new customer

Always confused have been the cheapest for me £1200 excess though on goskippy

I've seen GoSkippy before, typically cropping up at the desperate broker call stage :)

Often had quotes from them around £2,790 mark, so to get one that low seems a bargain to me.

QuoteZone offered really poor results this year too, the lowest I received was £1,267.10.

My Admiral quote this year (1-March renewal) was £1100. Though I actually live semi-rurally, the HP17 postcode covers the entire area between Aylesbury & Thame so I’m probably paying a premium for technical adjacency to Haddenham 😞

But it also raised this year from £750 to £1500 with LV, hence the Admiral quote. Daylight robbery.

Age 54, 5yr NCD 🤷‍♂️

Doesn't seem that bad to me, 81% four or five star.

Very poor and unreasonable customer service besides their tactics to extort more money was both cunning and ambitious. That was my experience. Obviously also getting emails on the day of the Queens funeral should also tell you something else...

I think Admiral have decided to go for the EV market. They’ve been the cheapest for us for the past 3+ years. They also had a big stall at Everything Electric in London these past few days. No other insurance companies were present.

Looks like home insurance is now coming under the "magic maths" increases too. Had an email from LV explaining that costs of insurance are going up because house values are now 22% more than last year - then today got my renewal which apparently equates to a 62% policy increase with no change in circumstance or claims.

• Funny
Reactions: MD70
35 yo with 14 years NCD in London
Had an admiral black box policy last year as it was the cheapest and managed to get a good score on their driver rating so my renewal has come in cheaper!
Others were quoting me about £1.7k and have renewed with Admiral for about £550

I’m giving the Admiral Insurance app MyTrips telematics a go at present just for fun really (I like seeing Gold medals it seems), in vague hope that renewal offer with some level of reduction baked in plus their own margin drop might be sufficient next time around, presuming Tesla Insurance remains vapourware. Some hope for that knowing that they were the only insurer to attend Everything Electric London 2024 recently.

I’m giving the Admiral Insurance app MyTrips telematics a go at present just for fun really (I like seeing Gold medals it seems), in vague hope that renewal offer with some level of reduction baked in plus their own margin drop might be sufficient next time around, presuming Tesla Insurance remains vapourware. Some hope for that knowing that they were the only insurer to attend Everything Electric London 2024 recently.
See post above, I've had my renewal decrease from last year because of this where I was expecting a large increase this year so saved a ton!

I've just put that on as well. Let's see it it has any effect on my renewal at the end of may.