Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Insurance Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Bell Telematics years back I discovered the Gold discount was 4%, Silver 2%, Bronze nothing.

45% of customers awarded Silver, just 10% Gold before IPT (45% Bronze presumably).
I've no idea what I got.. I do know after 6 months they took the box back because I was such a boring driver :p DIscount was about £100 on the next cheapest when I got mine.

Still with bell, as they're still cheapest, although it's basically a rebadged admiral once you're out of the black box period.. I generally say admiral if anyone asks.

What is the 0 - 60 of the Merc?

About 7 secs, and you are talking about a car that is at least 10 years old I think at the end of it's production run...2013 probably at the newest as I don't think they have done a CDI badged car for some time now.
But it is about the same as I paid extra coming from a Merc C250D to the M3 Performance of similar age.

Ive just paid £75 to swap my remaining insurance from a 2016 ford focus diesel to a new RWD Model 3. Swap day is 16th May, insurance will expire 9th September. 58YO with 13 years NCD. I got quotes for £485 for a full year with no voluntary excess or £420 if I added £300 excess. Much less than I expected.

Hopefully the car will catch fire less, stop working in the cold less, have me queue less at chargers and collapse car parks and bridges less than Ive read in the press as well 🤞

About 7 secs, and you are talking about a car that is at least 10 years old I think at the end of it's production run...2013 probably at the newest as I don't think they have done a CDI badged car for some time now.
But it is about the same as I paid extra coming from a Merc C250D to the M3 Performance of similar age.
My point was the Tesla is a much faster car and speed generally equals £. I assume the Merc is a lower insurance group? So actually that seems like quite a decent deal to me. though I am confused by "MP3LR". Is that a long range or a Performance? either way its a lot faster than the Merc.

My point was the Tesla is a much faster car and speed generally equals £. I assume the Merc is a lower insurance group? So actually that seems like quite a decent deal to me. though I am confused by "MP3LR". Is that a long range or a Performance? either way its a lot faster than the Merc.
LOL!...I haven't got the hang of the acronyms yet!...its a long range 3 and yes I am reasonably happy with the insurance quote, have read some horror stories from some folk with their premiums, depends on many factors I guess including of course the area you live.

After my quote last week £750 car fell through but have secured another car insurance now £1200 wtf
only thing is it’s been on a private plate since new so company’s not finding the reg plate changed over dvla last night not sure if it makes any difference

Well, half-way through and a shiny meaningless Gold medal plus immaculate DriveScore, er, score (might as well):

1713881478561.png

Only two missed trips from the logging. Discovered that Admiral only offer ‘up to 10%’ off renewal, the worst of all major telematic insurers.

Their speed tolerance is <10 mph from 30 mph until 70, then <15% at/above 70 mph (<80.5 mph). <9 mph over for DriveScore.

Reactions: Js1977