Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to buy a used 2016 P100D with 40K miles from out of state

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some people are funny about the things that bother them and how much they value not being bothered. Clearly, some people don't want to drive a car at all and want the car to control itself in as many situations as possible. The speed at which menus come up and the map renders its tiles are also points of contention.

I am happy with AP1 and MCU1. Would I prefer a car that overtakes without my input on long trips? Sure. Would I want a snappier response? Sure. Would I pay a large premium for that? Nope.

I think the value of even the older P100Ds is buoyed by the fact that they're still the top dog for performance, and until another model takes that crown, they still won't drop as much as the other P models. Eventually the market will adjust if people want to unload their cars enough. As some of the 2016 models run out of their 4 year warranty this year, their values should take a hit.

For owners who had MCU2 and go back to MCU1 there is a huge difference. I have a 3 and got a P100D X w/ MCU1 after and I feel it's a much more frustrating experience. There is input lag and less responsive touches and less fluid animations but also it struggles to plan routes and supercharging stops. On MCU2 I'm able to instantly route a socal to NorCal trip but on MCU1 it hangs up and takes much longer and I have to remove the supercharger route planning. Since OP has a performance 3 already going to MCU1 will be noticeable. Also there are deals to be found and contacting a OA is the best option. Or teslashowroom deals. I have attached some recent deals to show pricing for Raven Performance models which are current and sold as new.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200115-111924.png
    Screenshot_20200115-111924.png
    859.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20200115-103647.png
    Screenshot_20200115-103647.png
    641.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20200115-103314.png
    Screenshot_20200115-103314.png
    998.3 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: rakeshreddy123
Im actually not surpised that AP1/its fewer cameras does so well. Especially after watching this

Awesome video, This guy i watched before does a some 2000 miles road trip in a 100D i think 2016, and he was exactly like me, model 3 2019 but then had to buy this S 100D and then take it back to a family member 2000 miles way, and he explains with MCU1, it may take half a second delay but it slowly gets on to you and you like it and he explains AP1 is not as bad as people think it is.

For owners who had MCU2 and go back to MCU1 there is a huge difference. I have a 3 and got a P100D X w/ MCU1 after and I feel it's a much more frustrating experience. There is input lag and less responsive touches and less fluid animations but also it struggles to plan routes and supercharging stops. On MCU2 I'm able to instantly route a socal to NorCal trip but on MCU1 it hangs up and takes much longer and I have to remove the supercharger route planning. Since OP has a performance 3 already going to MCU1 will be noticeable. Also there are deals to be found and contacting a OA is the best option. Or teslashowroom deals. I have attached some recent deals to show pricing for Raven Performance models which are current and sold as new.

This is brilliant, i will check out the website. Thank you Sir.

For long routes, I don't use the in-car navigation to plan my route. I do that on my computer, usually using abetterrouteplanner.com. That allows me to get familiar with the various SCs along the way in case I need to stop earlier (bio break, headwind, hunger, etc.) Navingating to a SC even 150 miles away using MCU1 does not take very long.

I'll say it is certainly nice using MCU2 over MCU1, but to say it's worth several thousand dollars is a bit much. As I said though, people are free to prioritize different things.

How about now guys, one can find a P100D with FSD for low 60k? I have Model Y performance but i am worried about the road noise and the 21 inch tires. Plus the Y doesn't have air suspension. The Model S i a am looking at are late 2016 and early 2017, so MCU 1.

Use EV-CPO.com. Buy a couple of months membership. You can see the price history of cars and set alerts to be notified when a car you like pops up. Did all that and bought my 85D within 2 minutes of it going live... never got a call from the Tesla Rep. without a connection that was worthless

Reactions: byeLT4 and EV-CPO
How about now guys, one can find a P100D with FSD for low 60k? I have Model Y performance but i am worried about the road noise and the 21 inch tires. Plus the Y doesn't have air suspension. The Model S i a am looking at are late 2016 and early 2017, so MCU 1.

FSD is a $7,000 option so if you are looking for a P100D with FSD, you are likely looking at a price closer to $70K or a bit more depending on options, mileage, and if Ludicrous Mode is included. Not all P100Ds were sold with Ludicrous Mode. For a while, it was a $20K option!

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits