Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Count me in! Wall charger going in next week.

Great! So far we are a very exclusive car club of 3 members :cool:

Was thinking a pre-xmas meet-up at Mandoon Estate. Lovely new spot in the Swan Valley. Would make for a nice drive and the back-drop would be great for some car pics. If you get low on charge, you can swing by my property for a boost juice, courtesy of that fireball in the sky.

Swan valley meet up sounds great - except we are thinking of going to Sydney for handover, before transport to Perth. So we may be there for Xmas/New Year.
Tesla asked us to arrange registration personally in Perth, since they cannot do it from NSW. They offered to register it in NSW - not sure how that will work.
We wanted to drive it in Sydney first, which is looking difficult.
Did you use your local sparky for installing wall charger? Have been talking to Patrick @ E-station who is doing a lot of work in Perth.

Hmmm - well then why do you think it would change from "in transit" to "prep for pickup"? Surely there must be some "event" to make that happen - like landing on our shores? #conspiracytheories

Complete guess, but as the Signatures were produced and presumably sent before Production cars, this may indicate arrival at the Port Kembla car terminal.
Probably just waiting for the Artarmon "Service Centre Plus" to open.

Complete guess, but as the Signatures were produced and presumably sent before Production cars, this may indicate arrival at the Port Kembla car terminal.
Probably just waiting for the Artarmon "Service Centre Plus" to open.
I think that my car has landed in Australia but not necessarily cleared customs. Bear in mind that I'm a very early production reservation (#21) and that the sigs were shipped first, then recalled and rebuilt. I suspect that the sigs will be shipped first - most likely at the launch - with prod following straight after. There really isn't any reasonable point to holding onto a built car locally once the Sydney sigs have been delivered, especially since they are rebuilds. From memory the sigs originally went into production more than a month before my car. The rebuild time is what has compressed the timeline.

Last edited:
Great! So far we are a very exclusive car club of 3 members :cool:

Was thinking a pre-xmas meet-up at Mandoon Estate. Lovely new spot in the Swan Valley. Would make for a nice drive and the back-drop would be great for some car pics. If you get low on charge, you can swing by my property for a boost juice, courtesy of that fireball in the sky.

I'm in Perth atm, had a very long lunch there yesterday. It'll make for some amazing photos :)

Timpoo: some corrections and additions to the spreadsheet for TAFKALF:

Current Order:

VIN: 595XX
In production: 9.10.2014
In transit: (not yet)

Additional Order:

User: TAFKALF
State: Qld
City: Gold Coast
VIN:
Order confirmed: 13.10.2014
Charger Installed: 4.8.2014
Model: P85D
Sig?: No
Colour: MC Red
Roof: Pano
Wheels: 21" Grey Turbine
Interior: Black Leather
Decor: Carbon Fibre
All options yes except Subzero, Sound

And, a correction for me:

VIN: 595XX

Hey Tim, I think there is an update you missed for TAFKALF.

I do like the idea of having an each way bet...

Very low priority news given the recent updates on cars being prepared for pickup, but I just had my Wall Connector installed yesterday : )

Tesla HPWC 1.jpg

Tesla HPWC 2.jpg