Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaf Lease Matures in April. What to do till X comes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why shouldn't it handle that?

I've had over $6K in repairs in the past 2 months. Air suspension bags went out, fuel pump leaking, etc. I've never gone this many miles on a car. 3+ years waiting on the MX. Maybe they make the BMW better in Germany but here, anything over 100K miles starts to get really expensive with repair bills. Chrysler 300C in Germany?

Why shouldn't it handle that?

I've had over $6K in repairs in the past 2 months. Air suspension bags went out, fuel pump leaking, etc. I've never gone this many miles on a car. 3+ years waiting on the MX. Maybe they make the BMW better in Germany but here, anything over 100K miles starts to get really expensive with repair bills. Chrysler 300C in Germany?

Well, I have been told (by a BMW driver who got told this by someone at BMW ...) that BMWs are made for approx. 5...7 years and probably less than 200000 km. But that probably is true for most cars. I had 6.6 Euro-Cent per km service and repair costs for the 400000 km of my 300C or 26700 Euros over 9 years, too, i.e. almost 3000 Euros per year (not only repairs but including oil and other service, too). This sounds much but given the 400000 km this is OK for me. Another new car within that period of 9 years (I mean two cars after each other instead of just that single one) would have been MUCH more expensive. Unless you get hit by _really_ expensive repairs (new transmission or even engine) in my opinion it is much more cost efficient to drive cars over very long periods if you usually drive long distances - as long as you are satisified with the car.

Yes, the Chrysler 300C was sold quite a lot in Germany between 2005 and 2010. Mine is a version based on the real Chrysler 300C with the station wagon back of the Dodge Magnum (called "300C touring"). Also, it has a 3L V6 diesel engine from Mercedes for the european market (it's from the DaimlerChryser era).