Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in defense of the Highland Model 3 - and going by available reviews - it is more refined and with improvements where it really matters.... sound proofing, suspension slightly better, less wind noise ... but yeah... it's not a new car. at least the price is *VERY* competitive and you are pressed hard to find a better value EV with similar specs. Now with the Cybertruck I'm very skeptical in terms of specs/ value

True. My 23 RWD is a huge improvement over the 18. Love my RWD.

Every day it is looking like the production CT will dramatically miss the expectations that were set at the launch. We probably aren't going to get 500 miles of range. Prices will likely be higher. The frunk is going to be smaller than the F-150. I'm worried about whether there will be enough AC outlets including a 240V/30A that is standard on the F-150. Tailgate ramp is gone. 6 seat config is gone. Sail storage is gone. Interior will be the new vinyl everywhere stalkless garbage. On the plus side, 4 wheel steering has been added.

I think a lot of the angst on this board are people coming to terms (or not) with the above reality.

My local Ford dealer has a Lightning Platinum on the lot for $80,638 and a Lariat for $65,934. The interior of that truck is WAY nicer than anything Tesla will put in the CT. I was sure that the CT would blow the Lightning out of the water but I'm not seeing it. I am glad I didn't follow through on my original Lightning order as the discounts now are great. My dealer was going to sell my original order at MSRP but that Platinum above has $6,100 dealer discount and $7,500 manufacturer discount now.
Well said.

Every day it is looking like the production CT will dramatically miss the expectations that were set at the launch. We probably aren't going to get 500 miles of range. Prices will likely be higher. The frunk is going to be smaller than the F-150. I'm worried about whether there will be enough AC outlets including a 240V/30A that is standard on the F-150. Tailgate ramp is gone. 6 seat config is gone. Sail storage is gone. Interior will be the new vinyl everywhere stalkless garbage. On the plus side, 4 wheel steering has been added.

I think a lot of the angst on this board are people coming to terms (or not) with the above reality.

My local Ford dealer has a Lightning Platinum on the lot for $80,638 and a Lariat for $65,934. The interior of that truck is WAY nicer than anything Tesla will put in the CT. I was sure that the CT would blow the Lightning out of the water but I'm not seeing it. I am glad I didn't follow through on my original Lightning order as the discounts now are great. My dealer was going to sell my original order at MSRP but that Platinum above has $6,100 dealer discount and $7,500 manufacturer discount now.
such whining.
Enjoy your Lightning. It can sit at the dealer for the 1st 4 months of ownership waiting for repair like my friends' but at least you'll be whining about something real and on a different forum.
Maybe, you can keep it parked at home while waiting for parts, sit in it, and enjoy:
The interior of that truck is WAY nicer than anything Tesla will put in the CT.

"Launch" is totally imminent in 27 days. We have zero spec or price updates and customers can't configure their order (save for maybe one who posted on FB - still no idea if that was real).

Yeah, all signs are pointing to this actually launching to customers at the end of the month. 🙄
Hey @T3SLAROD, @DarkandStormy wanted to know if you would like to go grab a drink together...it is Friday.

Looks like the frunk will be about half the size of the F150.
Why does the frunk size get so much attention? I get it, it is smaller than people expect, it is still bigger than the S,3,X,Y frunks and I usually just use it for smelly stuff and charging cables which it will still work for. The biggest feature I want is a drain plug, other than that the size will be completely adequate.

Looks like the frunk will be about half the size of the F150.

Yep the frunk is smaller than the Rivian, Lightning, or Silverado. Still large enough for groceries or luggage though.

We have seen the side flaps along the top of the bed opened before though. I'd like to get a much better look at those side compartments to see how large they are and how they latch and open.

Hopefully on the 30th we get a very comprehensive and detailed look over the entire truck, complete with specs.

Why does the frunk size get so much attention? I get it, it is smaller than people expect, it is still bigger than the S,3,X,Y frunks and I usually just use it for smelly stuff and charging cables which it will still work for. The biggest feature I want is a drain plug, other than that the size will be completely adequate.
Because trucks don't have trunks, so Frunks in EV trucks are usable for groceries, equipment, etc. that people would normally put in the back seat of ICE trucks.

Frunks in trucks are popular for a good reason, it's huge to have a locked space that things won't slide around and that's easily accessible in a truck. On a car, you have the trunk, so it's not as useful.

We have seen the side flaps along the top of the bed opened before though. I'd like to get a much better look at those side compartments to see how large they are and how they latch and open.
Only on the launch version, if you're talking about sail storage. Many have said the RCs don't have it anymore. If that's what you're referring to.

There isn't sail storage on the model in the video.

The frunk on a Truck is one of the best feature available. Smelly stuff and charging cables go in the compartment underneath, unless the CT frunk doesn't have one? There are items you dont want to throw in the bed mainly because, 1) they slide around everywhere, can break or spill 2) if you need to get those small items out and they are all the way towards the front of the bed then you have to fish them out or get in the bed 3) security, although with the rollover cover the CT won't have an issue with that.

It's odd, I rarely use my frunk in the Model 3 but I always use the frunk in the Lightning.

The frunk on a Truck is one of the best feature available. Smelly stuff and charging cables go in the compartment underneath, unless the CT frunk doesn't have one? There are items you dont want to throw in the bed mainly because, 1) they slide around everywhere, can break or spill 2) if you need to get those small items out and they are all the way towards the front of the bed then you have to fish them out or get in the bed 3) security, although with the rollover cover the CT won't have an issue with that.

It's odd, I rarely use my frunk in the Model 3 but I always use the frunk in the Lightning.
It doesn't have a sub frunk according to 2 or 3 people.

Edit: There's actually a picture confirming it, under the frunk are wires, etc.