Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like how Tesla’s Social Media arm builds up the HYPE….. hilarious…
To anyone who thinks Tesla doesn't advertise - don't forget the ongoing coordinated Twitter/X storm of leaks.
Social media advertising == advertising.

It's not an exoskeleton, this was revealed a while ago.

It's not exoskeleton, just steel shell on mega-castings.
Upside to mega-castings - optimized production costs.
Downside to mega-castings - any damage to them will likely total the entire vehicle. Consequently - higher insurance costs, and higher environmental impact from more disposable EVs.

Downside to mega-castings - any damage to them will likely total the entire vehicle. Consequently - higher insurance costs, and higher environmental impact from more disposable EVs.
Any damage of that level would likely also total a stamped steel chassis. The vehicles have replaceable crush cans/ crumple zones.

Any chance the Cybertuck delay has been partially caused by the development/testing of the new 48 volt architecture?
There is very little discussion over the change from 12 to 48 volts but once has to think Tesla may have run into a few surprises during implementation.

If the Cybertruck was damaged enough to damage the Mega Casting and the vehicle was sent to an insurance auction would Tesla sell a mega casting to someone so they could correctly repair the vehicle and get it back on the road? You can purchase a wrecked Truck from an auto insurance auction for cheap and if it needs a frame replacement you can purchase a new frame from the auto manufacture.

Last edited:
The top of the door panel looks like an after thought. Just looks like a Hugh piece of either plastic or they shaped a piece of Styrofoam and sat it on top of the door panel These are just my opinions.
1696694180479.png

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
Yes, but could not be followed until yesterday.
Plus, it gained Tesla affiliation.

Still 2 months away from first shipment then? I'm sure they'll do their best to get it out before December 31st, maybe before Christmas. But I don't think we're going to see it before then. That's why you do all these little things. Keep the interest up until the real event happens.

I would sure like to be wrong!

I saw my first Cybertruck in the semi-wild today. Actually, it was in the wild but captive (to go with the metaphor)
It was on a car carrier with a bunch of Model Y's headed west on I-210 in Pasadena, CA. I guess that's probably the most direct path from Austin, Tx to Fremont and Palo Alto.
It definitely was a pleasant surprise. Maybe it isn't too soon for "Imminent"?

Reactions: Jones1
It's difficult to determine, the Baja video release could be either more cheese bits to keep people satisfied, or a hint that they're almost there. I'm afraid I'm going with the former. I think they're barely going to make this year, and only a small number of trucks. Six months ago I didn't believe that, I thought they'd be shipping at least a few hundred vehicles a week by now. I guess it's okay to be wrong. Maybe I am again.

Reactions: Jones1