Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your source for width? I haven't seen any shots with a center brake light.

OG prototype had triple identification light:
View attachment 959707

If it is <80, that band on the tailgate can only be used for CHMSL or unlit.

Depending how they interpret functional lens area. If there is an unlit area on the same plastic piece, is that functional lens?

Recent builds do seem to meet the height requirement (depending on cab rear window lower edge).

And being on a tailgate is allowable.
1985-03.1 | NHTSA

Amber front identification lights would impact the styling.
The CT has always been under 80 inches wide and every Beta/pre-production version has been, too. There's no reason to think it would be wider than 80" at this point.

This is from a few weeks ago:

1690373551187.png

But I personally like this pre-production version more:

1690373620508.png

The CT has always been under 80 inches wide and every Beta/pre-production version has been, too. There's no reason to think it would be wider than 80" at this point.

This is from a few weeks ago:

View attachment 959724
But I personally like this pre-production version more:

View attachment 959725
The preproduction spec was just under 80 inches, did we get confirmation on the actual size?

Elon in 2020:
Btw, in some prior tweets I’d said production Cybertruck would be ~80” wide (vs ~84” body width at unveil). This is slightly too small. Will be closer to 82”, but come standard with upper laser blade lights..
Unverified claim of over 80 wide:
Tesla Cybertruck size revealed? How does it compare to a Ford Raptor?

A CHMSL can't be combined with other lighting so I don't think either of those photos would be compliant.
The lower corner lights in photos align with requirements for >80" clearance lights.

The preproduction spec was just under 80 inches, did we get confirmation on the actual size?

Elon in 2020:

Unverified claim of over 80 wide:
Tesla Cybertruck size revealed? How does it compare to a Ford Raptor?

A CHMSL can't be combined with other lighting so I don't think either of those photos would be compliant.
The lower corner lights in photos align with requirements for >80" clearance lights.
I'm sure Tesla will figure it out like the front lights moving with the frunk.

This is going to be a very different truck than a F150. At 19', with a "over 6' bed" and a smaller front/frunk than the F150, but roughly the same driver position, it will have a smaller cab, but longer bed than the F150 despite being shorter. Who knows where Tesla is on certifications, they may use the two lower lights as brake lights as well?

Reactions: Cal1
I'm sure Tesla will figure it out like the front lights moving with the frunk.

This is going to be a very different truck than a F150. At 19', with a "over 6' bed" and a smaller front/frunk than the F150, but roughly the same driver position, it will have a smaller cab, but longer bed than the F150 despite being shorter. Who knows where Tesla is on certifications, they may use the two lower lights as brake lights as well?
Oh, I'm sure they'll figure it out, it's a fun puzzle for me.

Lower lights probably don't qualify for brake lamps due to size, could still use them as auxiliaries though.

so they *just* built and flooded a wade pool in very late Q3 but customer deliveries are also happening in a few weeks? Why in the world did they built a wade pool then for? that's for *pre* production testing... not for customer delivery vehicles... same goes for snow testing in NZ and the test vehicle broken down in Cali from last week... those are all indications they still fine-tune, test pre-production variants to align the assembly and make other tweaks before customer vehicles are rolling off the line...

so they *just* built and flooded a wade pool in very late Q3 but customer deliveries are also happening in a few weeks? Why in the world did they built a wade pool then for? that's for *pre* production testing... not for customer delivery vehicles... same goes for snow testing in NZ and the test vehicle broken down in Cali from last week... those are all indications they still fine-tune, test pre-production variants to align the assembly and make other tweaks before customer vehicles are rolling off the line...
Ware pools already exist
Crash walls already exist
Insourcing allow faster iteration

Hand built units have more issues that production factory flow ones do
Winter testing is tuning the stability control system and validating the thermal system. This couldn't be finalized until all the suppliers and design intent tooling was ready.

If there are no major issues found why couldn't they start deliveries once the line is vetted?

I wouldn’t call August 10th “very late Q3”, but yes we are supposedly getting close to customer deliveries. But they should be continuing to test and improving the vehicle before delivering vehicles. Why wouldn’t they?

I wouldn’t call August 10th “very late Q3”, but yes we are supposedly getting close to customer deliveries. But they should be continuing to test and improving the vehicle before delivering vehicles. Why wouldn’t they?
We assume we are getting close, but who really knows.

The CT event was "End of Q3, maybe", but as stated here previously, mass production isn't until 2024. It could be that Tesla gives a handful of CTs this year and doesn't begin actual customer deliveries until next year.

Or...they could surprise us and start delivering next month. It's impossible to tell with Tesla.