Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree her behaviour wasn't appropriate but everybody has a right to express their views. I'm sure if Tesla from the very beginning stated clearly to their Chinese customers before they placed their order that Tesla will only deliver the cars when Tesla feels their local charging infrastructures are fully ready, then customers like her might not feel so upset. Musk personally apologised to them anyway and I think that's the right thing to do if he wants to succeed in the Chinese market, or any market in fact. Let's hope Tesla will do well in China and help accelerate the EV industry and the curb of terrible roadside pollution.

Remarkably inappropriate behaviour from the woman in the first video who was upset at the delivery delay. I wonder if she realises the reality of Tesla being so young a company and the need to work with them, as a customer? No doubt she is looking at the "prestige" first, compensation second and the environment a distant third. If I was Elon, i'd cancel her order....

The first owner made reasonable and accurate comments in a civilised manner. No doubt Tesla is listening.

Definitely poor behaviour, but not as bad as those guys who tries to sue Tesla in my other post titled "Tesla's Delays Upset Some China Customers".

Remarkably inappropriate behaviour from the woman in the first video who was upset at the delivery delay. I wonder if she realises the reality of Tesla being so young a company and the need to work with them, as a customer? No doubt she is looking at the "prestige" first, compensation second and the environment a distant third. If I was Elon, i'd cancel her order....

The first owner made reasonable and accurate comments in a civilised manner. No doubt Tesla is listening.

Reminds me of when the iPhone came out. Angry customers were complaining about all the fingerprints ... on the touchscreen!

It also makes me think of the very unfortunate Chinese relatives of the missing MH370 flight. With all the grief and misery, I can understand they are sad and desperate, yet they seem to spare no means of loudly presenting their displeasure with anyone and anything (which is sue-able, anyway). It's all about money, luck and losing face.

Reminds me of when the iPhone came out. Angry customers were complaining about all the fingerprints ... on the touchscreen!

It also makes me think of the very unfortunate Chinese relatives of the missing MH370 flight. With all the grief and misery, I can understand they are sad and desperate, yet they seem to spare no means of loudly presenting their displeasure with anyone and anything (which is sue-able, anyway). It's all about money, luck and losing face.

Cultural differences or not, "fairness" is defined differently in mainland. General definition is, when I pay you, I'm making you rich, so you have to give me everything I ask for as well as everything I didn't ask for (but you should know what I could have asked for).

"Equivalent Exchange" is never defined by its literal sense.

Let's not forget manufactures in China are requested to Air flight the goods to foreign buyer even there is only a week delay on the original delivery.

I wonder when did Tesla start accepting orders in Mainland China.

Last edited:
Cultural differences or not, "fairness" is defined differently in mainland. General definition is, when I pay you, I'm making you rich, so you have to give me everything I ask for as well as everything I didn't ask for (but you should know what I could have asked for)."Equivalent Exchange" is never defined by its literal sense.
Yes, isn't that interesting, the cultural differences. We see them every day when certain tourists come to Hong Kong as if it is some amusement park or zoo, and we are the custodians, joy rides and showcased animals!

Test Drive the First RHD Model S!

Untitled-2.jpg

For those of you who are as slow as me, here's from the email I received at 5:51pm today!

TEST DRIVE MODEL S AT HONG KONG DISNEYLAND!
http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/event/test-drive-model-s-hong-kong-disneyland

TEST DRIVE MODEL S AT CROWN WINE CELLARS!
http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/event/test-drive-model-s-crown-wine-cellars

And I was wondering what DITB was talking about before, now I know.

I have one of these Toyota RAV4 EV vehicles. Nobody who is familiar with the car, how Toyota sells and supports it, and how it came into existence is surprised by the statements from Tesla. Toyota made a contract with Tesla for 2,600 vehicle drivetrains. That is exactly how many cars Toyota will build. They need to sell about 1,000 more and they probably don't want it to overlap in California showrooms with their upcoming Hydrogen car in 2015 either. This was my first Toyota and likely my last. This car fills a distinct void in the market and I don't mean electric SUV. Toyota just doesn't get it.

I have one of these Toyota RAV4 EV vehicles. Nobody who is familiar with the car, how Toyota sells and supports it, and how it came into existence is surprised by the statements from Tesla. Toyota made a contract with Tesla for 2,600 vehicle drivetrains. That is exactly how many cars Toyota will build. They need to sell about 1,000 more and they probably don't want it to overlap in California showrooms with their upcoming Hydrogen car in 2015 either. This was my first Toyota and likely my last. This car fills a distinct void in the market and I don't mean electric SUV. Toyota just doesn't get it.

Thanks for the info! It's really intriguing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a piece of news under finance category, but this line, if true, is really exciting,

"The company has also begun building right-hand drive vehicles for international sales. That temporarily drove up its R&D costs, but should boost Tesla's long-term profitability."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12706606/1/wall-street-should-go-easy-on-tesla.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO