Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You assured us earlier on the thread that you'll configure in the same hour upon receiving the finalize email, John ;)

Doh, I was hoping no one would remember that! I had my config all set but 1 hour before I got the email to config my wife called talking about getting aftermarket paint armor instead of the 3M.

We are still gathering info to make that call. The factory installed 3M film looked pretty bad on the white model I saw at the Get Amped event (slight yellowing, line on hood, curves done with segments) and I worry how it will look on silver but at $950 it is a pretty good deal. So is it worth ~$2k more for a custom higher end film (Xpel) that covers the entire hood? That's the debate :) First world problems ...

What a downer to be in this batch of "finalize your order" knowing that you could have had free SC access if you were in the previous batch of emails :(.

Just another data point on the paint armor. I'm getting the kids jumper seats and would want the whole rear bumper protected. Too many exposed zippers from backpacks, shoes, lunch boxes, jackets, jeans, and shoes that will scratch the paint as they scrape by the bumper to get into the car.

What a downer to be in this batch of "finalize your order" knowing that you could have had free SC access if you were in the previous batch of emails :(.

Yep, I'm in that camp. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is. Tesla reserves the right to change pricing at any time, and while I wish someone from Tesla would email me and say "oh, sorry you just missed it, we'd be happy to grandfather you in" that's not very realistic.

So the end result is now that I'm finally presented with the opportunity to configure and order the car for real, I'm back to having to re-evaluate what I'm going to do. I'll probably go back to just getting a 40 kWh, all the car I need, versus the 60 kWh which had just crossed over the threshold of being a "good value" to me with supercharging having been included before last week.

In needing to get another $2k from 60 kWh orders, Tesla will miss out on getting an extra $10k from me. As a shareholder in TSLA, I hope the margins work out either way, or if not that there are enough upgrades from 60 kWh to 85 kWh as there are downgrades to 40 kWh from this pricing change.

I do sincerely hope that this is the last pricing issue to finally get settled as Tesla works out what the true cost of building the cars is while maintaining a 25% profit margin.

I am 7065 and just woke up to find the finalize button. Now what? I really have to decide at this point.
I'm not sure if you're asking about "what do I do mechanically?" or "what is the right decision?" I can't answer the latter for you (my answer was 85kWh non-Perf green+tan+lacewood, pano, sound+, tech, armor), I can answer the former:

For the car that's in your "Garage", set up the options that you want, then push "save" then "finalize." You'll have opportunities to review this all several times before it's locked in, and you should feel free to chat with the Tesla reps, who are very helpful and generally knowledgeable. Or ask here -- lots of opinionated and informed people on TMC.

P#6703, no email but the Finalize button is there. Still not sure what interior I want. I know I want grey leather, but I'm torn on carbon fiber or lacewood.

I want this car more than I've ever wanted a car before. I've been yearning to own a BEV for over a decade, and now it's almost a reality. The wrench in the machine is that my delivery says February-March. I live in northern Indiana. I don't think driving around on lake-effect snow covered roads with the 21" wheels is a good idea. Anyone have any insight on when the winter tire options will be available?

The winter tire option is already available...

Pirelli Winter Wheel and Tire Set Tesla Motors

P#6703, no email but the Finalize button is there. Still not sure what interior I want. I know I want grey leather, but I'm torn on carbon fiber or lacewood.

I want this car more than I've ever wanted a car before. I've been yearning to own a BEV for over a decade, and now it's almost a reality. The wrench in the machine is that my delivery says February-March. I live in northern Indiana. I don't think driving around on lake-effect snow covered roads with the 21" wheels is a good idea. Anyone have any insight on when the winter tire options will be available?

The winter tire option is already available...

D'oh! I guess I knew that from a few months ago... just got wrapped up in the excitement of finalizing and forgot all about it. Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, after finding some tremendously nice photos of the interior on this site and elsewhere, I clicked the Complete button:
  • Green Performance
  • Gray leather w/ Carbon Fiber
  • Tech
  • Sound
  • Pano Roof
  • Jump Seats
  • 21" Grey Wheels
  • 19" Winter tires

Good choice on the Carbon Fiber, it looks fantastic in person. I had the same configuration as you ready to finalize (except for tan leather), but sticker shock when I added the sales taxes in, plus the hassle and expense of dealing with a spare set of tires, drove me down to a standard 85. I think the CF trim may be what I miss most...besides the extra torque and an additional second shaved off the 0-60 line, of course!

D'oh! I guess I knew that from a few months ago... just got wrapped up in the excitement of finalizing and forgot all about it. Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, after finding some tremendously nice photos of the interior on this site and elsewhere, I clicked the Complete button:
  • Green Performance
  • Gray leather w/ Carbon Fiber
  • Tech
  • Sound
  • Pano Roof
  • Jump Seats
  • 21" Grey Wheels
  • 19" Winter tires

Yay! For going Green! Hmm... with Gray Leather; that's interesting and dare I say bold!