Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kman - awhile back in your YT channel you posted your hitch and pulled a small trailor from Milwaukee to the Dells. What kind of hitch did you install? What was the weight of the trailer you pulled? Any idea if the Model S could handle pulling a camper or small boat?

Kman - awhile back in your YT channel you posted your hitch and pulled a small trailor from Milwaukee to the Dells. What kind of hitch did you install? What was the weight of the trailer you pulled? Any idea if the Model S could handle pulling a camper or small boat?

It was a Eco Hitch, from Torklift Central | Home Page

Trailer + Generator in tow was about 600Lbs. It was the one and only time I have pulled a trailer. With how fragile these "low maintenance" drive units are, I was trying to prolong yet another failure, however, I am having yet another drive unit that is causing trouble (Told it was bearings, but now, after about 25,000 miles on this manufactured unit, I'm getting the clunk again too). I was planning on towing a Teardrop camper. Can the Model S Pull a Camper with ease, I would say, HECK YAH!, but, I have reserves about how the Drive Units will hold up. Just seem so fragile, so many issues people are having and they arn't even towing. I don't know how the Model X Will fair being factory supportive of Towing, when it uses the same, fragile, delicate motors as the Model S.

As soon as Tesla gives the "Go Ahead" with Towing though, I'm throwing all care to the wind and going to actually Enjoy my car to it's fullest. Heck, my old 1.8L Nissan CUBEicle with CVT transmission had absolutly no problem towing a 1,500 Lbs trailer full of motorcycle parts inventory as I Circled the country in early 2012 on a 5,000 mile road trip to visit my dealers that buy Chinese Scooter Parts from me.

Otherwise, pulling that utility trailer and generator, it towed like a dream. This would be my ideal tow vehicle if it wern't so fragile!

Islandbayy, you need to stop running the car in Lotus-submersible mode; I remember your video. I know how bad the traffic gets around the Wisconsin Dells on the weekend, but until Tesla Motors certifies the model S for underwater operations, it's just not sealed properly to go underwater repeatedly. Towing is rough on any vehicle. I think they know that and are putting some intelligence into the vehicle to support towing.

Islandbayy, you need to stop running the car in Lotus-submersible mode; I remember your video. I know how bad the traffic gets around the Wisconsin Dells on the weekend, but until Tesla Motors certifies the model S for underwater operations, it's just not sealed properly to go underwater repeatedly. Towing is rough on any vehicle. I think they know that and are putting some intelligence into the vehicle to support towing.

Yes :(( I just can't help myself. The lake is so shallow (4-15 ft) and it's such a nice short cut.... Drive in the boat launch on one side and back out the other side. Granted, it would be easier if they hadent patched up Lake Delton, I do think I hit what was left of one of the houses that washed away....

For those curious, He's referring to this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking about the Referral Program. If I somehow (Doubt it, Bjorn will most likely get it, as He is Mr. Popular haha) manage to get enough referrals for a Model X, I will be selling my Model S. I will then be paying off the remainder of my loan, and all additional proceeds will go to the Special Olympics and Downs Syndrome Charity's.

Talking about the Referral Program. If I somehow (Doubt it, Bjorn will most likely get it, as He is Mr. Popular haha) manage to get enough referrals for a Model X, I will be selling my Model S. I will then be paying off the remainder of my loan, and all additional proceeds will go to the Special Olympics and Downs Syndrome Charity's.

Don't forget about the 1099 income tax you'll be liable for if you 'win' the Model X.

Also, from what I can tell, there are 3 MXs up for grabs, one for each region, NA, Europe and Asia. Bjorn would be taking the Europe one -- the NA one is still up for grabs.

Don't forget about the 1099 income tax you'll be liable for if you 'win' the Model X.

Also, from what I can tell, there are 3 MXs up for grabs, one for each region, NA, Europe and Asia. Bjorn would be taking the Europe one -- the NA one is still up for grabs.
Quite right on the tax. Forgot about that.

So your sayin I still got a chance. I'd say, Bjorn's almost a Guaranteed Win for his region. Boy would I love to make a Model X Squeal and show what that beautiful machine is capable of. I already have 6 pages of Autopilot tests all planned out for once I can get my hands on a Autopilot enabled vehicle too!

West Coast Road Trip Preview! Full length feature still has about 60 more gigs to upload. My usual disclaimer applies, It's just me and my two small boys, I do the best I can filming, and editing, though have little to no time to do so. I hope everyone enjoys!

40 updates comint to Tesla Supercharger Network Travel Guide , here is the first.

Love the input on Albert Lea, nice little town I grew up miles east of there and late fathers wife still lives in Albert lea. Have eaten at the Applebees many times! Travelers can also get a good cheap breakfast at the HYVEE Grocery store. Haven't taken Tesla back east yet. Maybe next year as the I80 leg gets completed. thanks!