Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kids love a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model 3 yesterday and took the kiddies to a party at a soft play area near home. Amazed at how all the boys recognise and are wowed by it. My lad of 10 is just into the “Sonic Mode”, not into cars. But can imagine he will be popular when I do the school runs. Closest I have felt to a celeb.

There is a CYC public charger in Erskine swimming pool car park and was charging one lunchtime, all the kids were going to the local chippy and supermarket and I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of youngsters either taking pictures or pointing at the car , when first parked at home and cleaning it some kids passed by and I heard a comment "thats a Porsche" and then another young voice "no thats a Tesla much faster" I did have a smile on my face.
You are dead right kids seem to get it and know what they are.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr H and menzic
Picked up my Model 3 yesterday and took the kiddies to a party at a soft play area near home. Amazed at how all the boys recognise and are wowed by it. My lad of 10 is just into the “Sonic Mode”, not into cars. But can imagine he will be popular when I do the school runs. Closest I have felt to a celeb.
True that. My daughter is called the "Tesla Girl" at school. The car gets a lot of attention especially in white or red.

Reactions: Adopado and menzic
There is a CYC public charger in Erskine swimming pool car park and was charging one lunchtime, all the kids were going to the local chippy and supermarket and I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of youngsters either taking pictures or pointing at the car , when first parked at home and cleaning it some kids passed by and I heard a comment "thats a Porsche" and then another young voice "no thats a Tesla much faster" I did have a smile on my face.
You are dead right kids seem to get it and know what they are.

I have a 63 AMG. Always get challenge from something like GOLF R, I’m not bored as not same level. I was with M3 on motorway, all give up in 1 sec

Yes, we had a spate of people (posties etc) asking lots of questions at the door but that's died down now. But we still get a lot of interest from children and teenagers, so far all pleasant! It is kinda weird to be pointed at whilst driving but at least you know why. Then there's the unwanted attention from the plonkers in Focus RS etc who think they have a chance ;)

Reactions: MichaelP90DL